AuthorTopic: Do you know who is it based on?  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Julien

• View Profile
    • Phantasy

Do you know who is it based on?

on: June 13, 2006, 01:34:01 pm
Hi there :)
Long time no post.

I've made a portrait of person I've always been fan. Actually, is a dancer from the clip beat it by M. Jackson <_<...

Well, please, C+C :) !!

Offline Julien

• View Profile
    • Phantasy

Re: Do you know who is it based on?

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 06:15:58 pm
No C+C ? ^_^
It must be perfect, then XD !

Really, is it so repulsive ? ^_^

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 06:29:43 pm
people have school/work scheduals, its silly to assume people have time when you post at 830 and then check again only 4 hours later when most people arent home yet
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Retro

• Tropical.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 06:37:26 pm
Ditto  ;)

Nice though, and I don't know who it is based on, you perhaps?
Retro Pro

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 07:12:15 pm
Looks cool. No idea who it's based on, but here're some crits: scratch that, my edits are better speakers than me:

The main problem with this is the AA, which in the original is basically just an outline of a slightly lighter tone around the dark. The point of AA'ing is to smooth out the jaggies, but in doing it the way you've done, it just looks pillowy and the blurry. I put a little diagram underneath the edit, which probably comes off as arrogant and condescending, but I don;t mean it to be. Just thought it might be helpful for the future.
Another thing I tried to do was correct the shading/highlights. Based on the pic, I'd say the lightsource is in the upper left-hand corner, and assuming ths is the case, there were some weird thign s going on. The face, for example, is darker on the (our) left side, and the lense on the left is un highlighted, while the one farther from the lightsource is. I added some highlights to the face, too. That's really an optional thing, but I thoguht it made sense, given that all else seems well lit.
I think I also changed some other stuff, but that doesn't mean it was wrong. I just get carried away when I edit sometimes, so take all the other stuff only for what you consider it worth. Also, this is a pretty quick edit, so some thngs may be kind of sloppy. Apologies for that, and if anything I changed needs clarification, let me know.

This shows potential, so keep at it. And gimme a hint. I wanna know who it is! ;D

Offline Julien

• View Profile
    • Phantasy

Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 07:50:21 pm
Adarias : actually, I'm not from the USA. That's what I explained on the neighbouring board. Sorry for having bumped it so early, I did not think about the timezones.

Tremulant : Ok, I understand what you mean about AA. I will edit it again I think so I've done it all by myself.

As I said, it is based on a dancer from Beat It by Michael Jackson. Here's the guy :