AuthorTopic: Employer rip-offs and crazy demands in the job section here  (Read 2284 times)

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal
If you are an employer who's making a decent amount of money, you should pay whoever you hire.
All I want is for things to be fair here, and people to at least take the job section in a serious and realistic manner.

*ends rant*
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:46:27 pm by CharlesGabriel »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website
1st, no one is forcing you to work for free for anyone and 2nd, you can always PM a mod or admin about a thread you think is unacceptable or report it via the report button (all mods and admins should get mails then) and they can have a look.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal
Fair enough. I will do that. There are many threads out there as of right now... and I don't take on these employers (I already have a job), my point is that it just seems it just never ends haha, whenever I check that section, there are a lot of those topics, all the time.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile
While it is slim picking there, they do have the right to ask for what they want, especially in the unpaid section.

As for the paid section, I think small budgets, misunderstanding, and the fact that pixel art is a dying art are too blame for unreasonable prices. There's a lot of work on the pixel level that goes ( consciously at least) unnoticed. It's easy to think that with all the limitations, that pixel art is easy to do.

Also, rarely ever do professionals come to the job forums. Usually it is someone wanting to make their naruto mmorpg, or at best an indie platformer. These people usually offer up what they have in their pocket to artists; with good intention, but the time/money scale balance is often seriously warped.