AuthorTopic: Pixel Artist Interviews (nvision)  (Read 12213 times)

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Re: Pixel Artist Interviews (nvision)

Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 02:44:37 pm
Big brother and st0ven, are interesting options as well, though st0ven already has a nice full page of info of his own. Maybe Paul Robertson too, i like his commitment to his works.

Offline Mr.Modem

• My avatar is more outdated than yours...
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 06:07:15 pm
First of all I'd like to say that the interview with nvision was great and I'm looking forward to read more interviews. It would be fun if you could track down some of the old pixelartists that were around in the Amiga days for an interview. It would be interesting to hear they opinion on the "modern" pixelart scene and what they do now. There are so much that you can learn from the old masters.

EDIT: Yes I know many of them have already been interviewed in GFXZone.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 06:10:32 pm by Mr.Modem »
Nobody is perfect. I'm nobody.

Offline sedgemonkey

• Gimme gimme gimme
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Joint

Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 06:19:23 pm
@Turbo:  Big brother and st0ven would be great interviews as well -- terrific talents.  I'd definitely like to know more about Paul Robertson with his recent Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006 thing. If anyone knows a good way to reach that fella lemme know (no response from his email).

@Gil:  From my occasional skimming of the Pixelopolis forum I can tell that Adam Tierny is a terrific asset to the community. I will definitely hit him up.

@Mr.Modem:  I would definitely be interested in that.  Any suggestions on specific artists?

@Helm: We'd definitely love to hit you up...  Working on PJ is a real good time for me most of the time. I love seeing all the terrific work that flows into the gallery.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 06:30:44 pm by sedgemonkey »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 06:32:30 pm
old amiga artists to interview: Lazur, Cyclone, Cougar, X-man...

Offline Mr.Modem

• My avatar is more outdated than yours...
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: June 09, 2006, 08:10:54 pm
Old amiga artists to interview (apart from those Helm already have mentioned): RA (my favourite), Peachy, Facet, Made. I also really like to see an interview with Gustav.
Nobody is perfect. I'm nobody.

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page

Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 12:09:17 am
I can hook you up with Gustav, Josh, Paul Robertson or Jeremy Dower if you need. If we're looking out of the comunity, you could always interview Matt Bozon, too. He's the Creative Director at my company and created Shantae and Sigma Star Saga. He's also one of the biggest pushers for quality, traditional pixel animation in games today.

- Adam

Offline sedgemonkey

• Gimme gimme gimme
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Joint

Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 05:46:54 am
Wow, that's so nice of you Adam.  We definitely would love to hit you up about those peeps especially Paul Robertson -- that Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006 has been the topic of much discussion and I'd love to get the scoop straight from the horse's mouth.