AuthorTopic: Sasuke sprites  (Read 5780 times)

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Sasuke sprites

on: June 05, 2006, 07:14:13 am
here are a few (very) sasuke sprites i did months ago. the lower right is for comparison, but i had no reference in making this. comments and suggestions are welcome.
http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sasukeminemine1vs.png
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Re: Sasuke sprites

Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 12:22:48 pm
my, my, aren't you guys shy?even a single comment, guys, i don't care if you think it's trash or not, just give constructive criticisms!100 views and no comment?gawd, really...

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 05:10:29 pm
Include your art in your post, people don't like clicking links to see art...

Offline dtek

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 05:55:26 pm
too lazy to... move... finger and click.... link... LOL!

I liked the color scheme, really upbeat I guess. Does he throw that throwing star? Ah yes, unreal video game abstraction....

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 08:23:17 pm
Anatomy looks nice, but i strongly dislike the colors, not quite sure why. I'd lower the saturation on the skin and shoes.
Shading is completely random, trunks are shaded one way and then the lighsource changes, as seen on the shirt. And neither limb or head are shaded. Add more careful and consistent shading, and it will benefit.

Those red letters on the blue background are burning right through my retina into my brain. Don't do it again, it hurts.  And use the [img] tags fer cryin out loud. Don't link to imageshack pics that have ".php?" in them, link to the correct one (use the Preview post button, right next to the Post one, to see which link works best).

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 10:02:07 pm
The colors are not all that hot. I'm not sure what program you're using, but you're using WAY too many colors. I picked a sprite at random and it had (with the blue background) 32 colors. That's nuts.

I played with it a bit and knocked it down to 13.

(The edit is incomplete, but I'm sure I made my point.)

As bases, they're fine--- but they're in dire need of some fine-tuning.

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 11:04:53 pm
my, my, aren't you guys shy?even a single comment, guys, i don't care if you think it's trash or not, just give constructive criticisms!100 views and no comment?gawd, really...

ha, its not uncommen to get 150 veiws before a single post, happens to me all the time.  so dont take it personally.

I like the little guys stance and form but as trhe others said. you need to work on the colours and shading abit.

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 01:23:40 am
ah, comments...thanks guys.
The colors are not all that hot. I'm not sure what program you're using, but you're using WAY too many colors. I picked a sprite at random and it had (with the blue background) 32 colors. That's nuts.

As bases, they're fine--- but they're in dire need of some fine-tuning.
MSPaint, all throughout.i'm not really into the concept of color counts.i only have that in mind when it's for a game of sorts.btw, you made it a whole lot better.

@Turbo:The colors are mostly gray.so maybe that's why you strongly dislike them.and at the time, i didn't know how to post pics.

@MetalFox:yeah, lol, now that i think of it, i was kinda whiney.sorry.