AuthorTopic: FrostSaber WIP  (Read 8350 times)

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Re: FrostSaber WIP

Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 01:26:28 pm
A troll is supposed to be a person that has critiques on everything, not a mythical being?
oh, so that's what a troll is.*whacks head.
thanks for pointing that out.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline CrumbBread

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 03:54:38 pm
That is a very inaccurate definition of a troll.

A troll is a person who misbehaves to cause trouble or get attention. (I'm sure there is a better definition than that, though)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 10:52:48 pm
No, I think Gil was disagreeing with Turbo's disagreement regarding the other critiques, in a kind of sarcastic question rather than a definition.

Sarcasm is hard to convey on the internet.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 11:03:51 pm
Especially when you consider sarcasm can only be detected in the specific vocal intonations in a statement, unlike most types of ironic statements, which can be discerned as such, from the textual context only if so required.

A good idea is to leave sarcasm for when you're not on the internet, then, so that at least people may punch you in retaliation.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 01:45:37 pm
That is a very inaccurate definition of a troll.

A troll is a person who misbehaves to cause trouble or get attention. (I'm sure there is a better definition than that, though)

Actually, no, that's totally wrong, my definition was correct. Trolling is the art of seeing something wrong in every thread. Like, "please use caps and omg I saw a spelling error in the third sentence, now your thread doesn't count". Trolls are actually mostly highly respected forum members. Look it up if you don't believe me...

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 08:38:21 am
Actually, no, that's totally wrong, my definition was correct. Trolling is the art of seeing something wrong in every thread. Like, "please use caps and omg I saw a spelling error in the third sentence, now your thread doesn't count". Trolls are actually mostly highly respected forum members. Look it up if you don't believe me...
what i want to know is, am i being a troll?-_-
people don't seem to like me too much...
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 02:10:47 am
rabidbaboy: Not you, dude, you added positive, useful criticism and advice. The correct approach, in my book :)

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 11:35:13 pm
Especially when you consider sarcasm can only be detected in the specific vocal intonations in a statement, unlike most types of ironic statements, which can be discerned as such, from the textual context only if so required.

A good idea is to leave sarcasm for when you're not on the internet, then, so that at least people may punch you in retaliation.

roflgtfo
alexander