AuthorTopic: Goblin Shaman  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Goblin Shaman

on: May 29, 2006, 08:39:39 am
Latest Monster Sprite. 10 colours.

progression,

:P

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Re: Goblin Shaman

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 03:35:23 pm
I like this. Reminds me more of a monkey than a goblin, from the colors and tail, and that snout looking protuberance. Not quite sure what's going on in the head with the red thing and hat(?). This would probably be quite interesting to animate, and fun.

Offline Billeh

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 12:31:16 am
Thats what it reminds me of too....one of those street side monkeys in the red cap to hold money.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 12:48:09 am
I think you guys are reading it wrong. I see the red as the upper inside of the mouth (head thrown back, howling), and that yellow above is the eye.

As for crits, mine'll be pretty weak, but I'll try. I think the main thing detracting from this is the harsh, but incomplete, dark outlines. It makes it look jaggy, and a bit messy. Some of the forms could use some work, too. The closer leg, for example, is skinnier than the far one, and the left arm looks a bit rubbery (no defined elbow, kind of just bend into that rounded shape), etc.

I think I see where this is going, and I think it has potential (the colours are good for a goblin, the design in general is pretty cool), it just needs some polishing.

Offline Billeh

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 02:20:22 am
Oh on a zoomed version it certainly reads that way tremulant...makes more sense now.