AuthorTopic: Game assets: Feedback needed  (Read 2664 times)

Offline pyteo

• View Profile

Game assets: Feedback needed

on: February 06, 2012, 08:07:44 pm
Hello everyone!

I'm working on some assets for a possible game, but I'm not very experienced with pixel art.
I would like some feedback before proceeding, because I know there are common "mistakes" in here, especially in the barrel.

Please, make the edits you find necessary, in the colors too.

Thanks a lot ;)

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Re: Game assets: Feedback needed

Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 04:38:59 pm
The body of that hood wearing guy has warm grays while there are cold ones in the head.
Maybe you could make it all cold so it looks unified because right now there is a bit of a disconnect between head and body or if you want to keep the warm shadow color like you do on the bird thing, make it all warm.

The ramps on the metal rings of the barrel could use some variation in hue. You could make darker tones warmer like it happens on the bird though keep in mind that shadows are usually colder than lit parts.
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline pyteo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:21:08 pm
The body of that hood wearing guy has warm grays while there are cold ones in the head.
Maybe you could make it all cold so it looks unified because right now there is a bit of a disconnect between head and body or if you want to keep the warm shadow color like you do on the bird thing, make it all warm.

The ramps on the metal rings of the barrel could use some variation in hue. You could make darker tones warmer like it happens on the bird though keep in mind that shadows are usually colder than lit parts.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it ;)

Offline Sakoshi

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 10:01:56 pm

Did a quick four second edit on the barrel, changing the shape, and some shadowing making it look more grounded and barell like, there is a problem with the pixels under the metal in mine, otherwise, with the style you have it looks pretty nice.

Offline pyteo

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 10:09:42 pm

Did a quick four second edit on the barrel, changing the shape, and some shadowing making it look more grounded and barell like, there is a problem with the pixels under the metal in mine, otherwise, with the style you have it looks pretty nice.

Thanks, the shape does look better now :)