AuthorTopic: [WIP] Werewolf  (Read 29391 times)

Offline Delicious

• View Profile

[WIP] Werewolf

on: January 31, 2012, 04:02:01 am
Hey Pixelation! I'm sure I know most of this community from Pixeljoint, so I don't know if an introduction is needed?

Anyways, I need some help. I've been making this (very gory) pixel in my (very limited) spare-time. Any criticism or suggestions towards it will be very much appreciated.

-

Never mind the grey background, it'll be transparent when finished.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:44:55 pm by Delicious »

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Re: [WIP] Werewolf

Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 05:38:36 am
Looks great, the only criticism I've got so far is that the cartoonishly deformed shape of the head doesn't much fit the more naturalistic form and detailing of the body. So I'd say go either all cartoony or all realisticy.

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:14:04 am
Great, entertaining image. Bags of character in the face, powerful looking buttocks :D.

Big things; the pose/anatomy strikes me as a bit stiff/awkward, everything looks fairly human apart from the legs and head. I'd get a nice silhouette going from a thumbnail before rendering and also endeavour to incorporate a more bestial aspect; both in the anatomy and pose. I gave it a quick go moving the tail somewhere more interesting/distinct, giving him a crouch and lending more weight to the face which I absolutely love.

Little things; the definition/shine on the muscles kind of make it look like he's wearing a grey wet-suit; not very furry, but I guess you could find a nice toony compromise. There's a discussion of this issue and example solutions here.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:19:47 am by Facet »

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:46:05 am
I think something different should be done with the tail. At the moment it looks a little phallic to me, and as far as I know wolves only put their tail between their legs when they are frightened and this wolf is quite unafraid.  :)
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline Jeremy

• howdy
    • pixellerjeremy
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19218.htm
    • pixellerjeremy
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 01:16:03 am
@Kasumi: but the tail is going behind the leg :L

To make him more bestial you could have a shaggy back and neck, perhaps coming around and thinning out to still show the muscles. Kind of like Goku at SS 56 or whatever (as terrible as that comparison is  :blind: )

Offline Delicious

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 04:23:13 am
Thanks for the suggestions!

Definitely will show you an update by tomorrow. Just got barely any time due to lame work. :(

Offline Delicious

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 06:36:54 am

Update. Legs need some fixing though, seem quite odd at the moment. Also, moved the blood outta the way to see his face a bit better - Any better? I also need to find a better place for the tail then, cause I don't want it to look like it's going through his tail - It's really behind his leg like Jeremy mentioned.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 06:56:17 am
arms are now awkwardly long, chest is reading a bit like breasts, define the shape and position of the ribcage before the pectorals (if that is the ribcage, it seems a little small/short). pose isn't really any more dynamic, maybe slightly less so. I assume the neck is very WIP, as the shape of the spine there is tough to comprehend.

Offline Corinthian Baby

• Meditating Pixel Placement
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 07:28:39 am
Why did you give him pants?

Offline Delicious

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 08:10:22 am
Woah, so many obvious mistakes that I made and didn't realize. Thanks Cure! I should study dynamic poses and put more into my work, but for this I'm not really looking for one. It's just suppose to be a wolf staring off after he just finished his meal. I'll definitely make a more exciting piece after this.

Also, Corinthian Baby, I just prefer him wearing shorts now. I tried a couple lower torso drawings of him and I was proud of neither.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:13:24 am by Delicious »