AuthorTopic: [C+C] soldier walk/crawl cycle + spritesheet  (Read 6182 times)

Offline Fickludd

• View Profile

[C+C] soldier walk/crawl cycle + spritesheet

on: December 14, 2011, 07:30:41 pm
Crawl cycles:

Walk cycles:

I've animated vector graphics before, but never pixel, so if I'm missing any standard techniques or something please tell.
Btw where do you guys upload animated gifs? Tinypic is so annoying with the ad before the spam code!

Entire soldier sprite sheet to help any edits. Also feedback in general is always grand =)

Offline ColonelMustache

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] soldier walk/crawl cycle + spritesheet

Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 06:58:29 pm
Awesome looking soldier. In the walking up sprite, his shoulders don't move up and down like in the other ones. He looks a little stiff in that one and that could possibly be the reason. Just wondering: If this is for a game and you directly control the guy, how are you going to handle walking and shooting at the same time?

Offline Fickludd

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] soldier walk/crawl cycle + spritesheet

Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 10:57:48 am
Thanks! Ok I'll see if I can make some subpixel movement of the shoulders in the walking up sprite.

This is for a game, but you wouldn't be able to control the guy directly (instead controlling multiple little soldiers). The solution is simply that the soldiers can't shoot while moving, making for interesting tactical decisions whether to dodge for cover or stand and shoot (it's not only because I'm lazy =)).