AuthorTopic: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Animations, woah  (Read 241150 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : RRRAAARRRGGGGHHHH!

Reply #390 on: September 05, 2007, 09:05:08 pm
I totally draw my face in almost every face I draw, it's a common artistic thing, yeah. Anyway, I won't derail anymore.

sonic_reaper

Reply #391 on: September 05, 2007, 09:20:43 pm
Hm, so, we just wait for Adarias to post more art or something   :mean:

Maybe some motivation.  You go Adarias, you go with your bad self.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #392 on: September 05, 2007, 09:57:15 pm
sonic - why not start a thread for your own art production...

no point clogging this, even though its a good discussion about faces and head anatomy...

sonic_reaper

Reply #393 on: September 05, 2007, 10:12:20 pm
sonic - why not start a thread for your own art production...

no point clogging this, even though its a good discussion about faces and head anatomy...

I will around October or so.  It's crazy but I'm a Fine Arts major, and only in my now, last year and a half do I ACTUALLY get to take some drawing classes.  All I had last term was a sculpture class, which ended up really really bad (my final project was a box covered in tin-foil.  I realized at this point that sculpture DEFINITELY was not for me).  So, once I get some material up, I'm hoping to join the creativity thread with some sketches and such, and start a thread on my own homebrew graphics etc.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #394 on: September 05, 2007, 11:05:03 pm
what on earth sort of school do you go to?  here at parsons I have my schedule split into 90 credits of studios and 90 of seminars, so that won't be an issue....
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

sonic_reaper

Reply #395 on: September 05, 2007, 11:32:52 pm
We're only required to take so many art courses, we can take more, but they don't count towards the degree, THUS, the rest of my schedule are electives, many having nothing to do with studio art at all (Sociology, Drama, Music, English, History, Political Studies and Computer Science to name some of the electives I've taken my first three years).  I think most Universities do it this way.  It's only when you apply at a specialized college are you immersed in your selected degree or area of study.  So ... yeah ...

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Now with 20% more girlies

Reply #396 on: October 01, 2007, 01:45:21 am
ok, small update and not on the topic really, but there's been a long-neglected update of the characters for a while now and i thought id get on that:

currently trying to make the girls a little more girlish, pull the classes together in a nice way, and just, in general, finish them to my own satisfaction.  obvious changes include the girl's regular top and the inclusion of tights/breeches (which will be worn more by unique characters since it's sortof a fashion thing rather than a combat thing....but w/e)

as before, just a WIP and several hats missing.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Reply #397 on: October 02, 2007, 06:51:41 am
ive been eying this topic fora really long time now...eheheh....guess i should help a bit(if what i say is helpful...might not be)
i think with the most recent update shows a breakaway from the initial stronger, armored girls, and it gives some of them that little spark of character, while some look better with the armored heavier look...so i think if you kept some normal(armored) and had the others skinnier..newer...it would add some difference and character to the people in your game. thats all ive got, other than how i think green hair is odd.

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #398 on: October 02, 2007, 05:10:37 pm
green is a placeholder color. The game engine always recolors it in time =)

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Reply #399 on: October 03, 2007, 01:29:50 am
green is a placeholder color. The game engine always recolors it in time =)
>.>;; that almost seems like a shortcut me....damn purist opinions... oh well. great work all the same.