AuthorTopic: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Animations, woah  (Read 244124 times)

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Costume party

Reply #330 on: July 28, 2007, 07:35:12 am
Ah I was addressing that to everyone Trev, btw are you from wot boards?

Adarias,
I noticed something...how many hair styles do you have for each male and female sprites?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #331 on: July 28, 2007, 01:48:06 pm
PS: Your first edited version is best I think.
Hah, which one was that now?

I noticed something...how many hair styles do you have for each male and female sprites?
ATM the "doll" characters (hero and random enemies/npc's) are 8 hairstyles for each, and "story" characters (anyone who isn't one of those) all have unique faces (with that leaning in different directions and such).  We have room though for 16 hairstyles.  Currently too we have 12 hair colors and a few skin colors, which will help break it up, and we plan on having at least 5 eyes, noses, and mouths per gender, with the males also having beards available.

Froli - your edit looks a little too pushed back to me, like he's confused, though I think i will try out that taller face idea.

tocky - i'm still not sure what you mean exactly.  FE imo has pretty bad texturing of the hair.  The hair for these faces will of course be textured, all i've done so far is lay down lights, but FE does an aweful lot of vague, lumpy work in the hair that makes it too simplified and a bit like a wargame miniature.

Edit: i take that back, even at 25mm wargaming figures are actually more detailed http://www.weetoysoldiers.com/hosted/2005-12-30_G3_08309_gabriel_1200x.jpg
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 01:49:38 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #332 on: July 28, 2007, 03:01:49 pm
@Froli:
Yes, have been there, then my friend showed me this board and I went here as it is 1. more active and 2. way more useful and faster to learn new stuff :D

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #333 on: July 28, 2007, 03:47:08 pm
Mini update - things are starting to be refined, mostly on his left our right, made the 4th hair color in between the 2nd and 3rd instead of getting brighter.  I also gave him some placeholder clothes because he was making me feel cold:

BTW froli, i pretty much lifted your guy's eye, hope you don't mind.  The pose in your latest edit though, if i try to mimick it it pinches my windpipe in a pretty uncomfortable way.  People really don't pull their chins in like that unless they have to ^^
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 04:06:48 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #334 on: July 28, 2007, 05:32:53 pm
Ah yes, I'm starting to like it alot more now :P

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #335 on: July 30, 2007, 09:37:48 pm
The blue on that gives a pen and ink quality to the piece that I would love to see in the rest of the portraits <3. I agree that froli's edit seemed a tad pushed back, however, he captured the  the look that I'd expect most fighter types to have on their faces without looking constipated. I like the direction you're going, but your character looks more uncomfortable than interesting at the moment I'm really liking the hair, BTW.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #336 on: August 01, 2007, 08:23:42 pm
Alright, am working with those tihngs in mind :P.

Slightly off-topic update, the swords icons as they will appear :

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:29:35 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Reply #337 on: August 01, 2007, 08:37:21 pm
Those are some fun weapons. Full of character. The greenish/orange weapon stands out too much to me. Not because of it's abnormal coloration but because it manages to lose a lot of depth because of it.

My particular favorite of the lot is the rainbowy sword 3rd row, 3rd column. You really crammed a lot of colors in there. :)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #338 on: August 01, 2007, 09:22:36 pm
I just want to clarify something although it's probably irrelevant by now.

By symbol I did not mean Emblem.

I meant something like snake's bandana. Or Cloud's freakin humongous sword. something that makes this hero THE HERO.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #339 on: August 02, 2007, 02:53:31 am
Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm just not sure what to use.  The necklace doesn't read well enough and although I thought a while ago about a bandana it seems a little cliche.  I thought about weapons as well, but unlike a guest character, the hero is really whatever the player makes him, so i wouldn't want to restrict them to one weapon type.

So really atm, the only really identifying features are the outfit (unique to him) and the hair-shape (locked after the player choses one)
A mistake is a mistake.