AuthorTopic: Sidescroller fun  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Red_Mist

• Not enough pixels in the world.
    • View Profile
    • FuzionLLC

Sidescroller fun

on: December 01, 2011, 05:11:54 pm
After looking thru some old art, got inspired to do this. Only thing recycled was the rocks I made from megaman frenzy awhile back. I dont think its an issue to recycle ones own works...
So, looking for some suggestions on the gap area, also, I would like to implement some sky in this. My biggest issues are pallet creation, as I am color blind.

So feedback appreciated. and happy pixeling everyone.

and a run cycle...

<Xion> I can't see it why can't I see it

Offline Chris2balls

• Pixel Artist
    • ckelsallpxls
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/14966.htm
    • chris2balls
    • chriskelsallpixelart
    • View Profile
    • Chris Kelsall's Pixel Portfolio

Re: Sidescroller fun

Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 05:29:50 pm
Which colour(s) can't you perceive? I was going to ask why the brick wall stands out so much in comparison to the rest: is it a crucial part of the gameplay, is it an important element? If not, I think you could lower its saturation and maybe make the colour ramp tend more towards blue, like the rest.
I think the tiles could be less clustered: I suggest you put more black space between the lower rocks, so you have more of a transition. It'll also make the ground seem less top-heavy, too.
Looking forward to more! :)
☑ Available for work     ☒ Unavailable for work
Check out my portfolio if you are looking for a pixel artist!

Offline Red_Mist

• Not enough pixels in the world.
    • View Profile
    • FuzionLLC

Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 05:48:54 pm
Thanks Chris2balls, for the feedback.

The brick is more of a placeholder than anything, I have more tiles in works atm, so I will post them when they are closer to a finished state
As far as the color blind thing, I'm not really an expert on the condition. but I'm red/green colorblind, which doesnt mean I can see red or green.. Its more like I dont see all colors as saturated or vivid as most people do. thats my guess anyway.

As far as the rocks being to compact or clustered, I guess I get that too... Maybe I can break it up a bit by adding another depth to it.. Ill try that before modifing it alltogether.
Thanks for the prompt feedback.. later!
<Xion> I can't see it why can't I see it

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 05:57:20 am
"My biggest issues are pallet creation, as I am color blind."
Isn't that like saying "my biggest issue in boxing is that I'm missing my left hand."? XD
And your palette choices are still way better than mine, hahah!
But, being serious, it does look pretty good all around. The only thing I'd do is up the contrast on the girl's skin. She looks a little pale, I think.

And are you sure you have trouble with reds and greens? That plant monster is looking pretty awesome, and it's basically all red and green. I *love* the little red outline-highlight things you added to it. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you, too. =)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:59:39 am by jams0988 »