AuthorTopic: [WIP] Pixel-art videoclip project (C+C)  (Read 16052 times)

Offline Stava

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Pixel-art videoclip project (C+C)

Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 09:30:25 pm
I did some edits on it, hope you like it lol

Offline mattib

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 11:16:42 pm
ehi guys, I'm working on some background stuff... look a this (still Work in Progress, a lot!) train wagon. It's being a pain! The main action will take place ON it, so the roof is going to be a floor actually

I put the monk as a size reference and to show the glass transparency, but other characters are supposed to be there :D
The main problem is with the ceiling..I don't know how to make a good "metal" texture. you can see different experiments on different slabs. What would you do?
I have a texture problem on the back of the wagon too!
On the side I'll probably put some hiphop graffiti
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:49:10 pm by mattib »

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 11:42:42 pm
I would get some reference images and put some dents here and there (but not a lot) to give it some variety.  Here's a workable one for the metal:

Of the roof tiles you've got so far, I like the one that fades bright to dark.  I think you should add a few rivets to it.

You should lower your windows, they're much too high and don't line up with the door's window.  Train car windows are near the middle so you can see while sitting, but have to bend over to look through them while standing.

Offline mattib

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 07:51:15 pm
look at the roof now

I've improved the rivets (didn't know the english word for them ,thanks) and now they look better. I've changed also the lightning but do you think that repeating the same shades tile to tile is a good solution? It seems a little bit unreal, on the other hand it could be a reflection effect. The problem is that a single shading fading from left to right of the roof will create the same lack of texture that it had before..

Offline mattib

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 07:35:53 pm
hey guys!
I didn't abort the project...but I've been busy with a lot of stuff recently as I am moving to London for a while. I also bought a new computer, and it is a MAC.
Now, Pixen is laggy, but I found this site which is constaintly updating and fixing it as it is open-source.
https://github.com/philippec/Pixen the Pixen you can download from here is stable and good.

the problem is... I can't manage to cut and paste in the same layer :S
and also flipping and rotating isn't easy at all.
Do you know good alternatives for MAC?

I'll post soon other pieces from the project...right now I'm working on the animatics but I'm getting back to the pixels soon!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:37:26 pm by mattib »

Offline mattib

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 12:45:48 am
edit
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:08:21 pm by mattib »

Offline mattib

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 12:35:30 pm
hey guys I'm back.
Don't worry, I found the way to run GG on my mac.
The flash animatic is nearly finished (stuff that I don't think you are interested in) so I am back to the pixels...
this background is very "work in progress". For example the tiled wallpaper is ugly but it's just a very first draft.
What I am stuck on is the texture on the wardrobe. It is supposed to be wood, but it should be like a treated wood not a rough one, the texture on modern forniture is very light and I have some trouble to render it.
Have you got some good references (in pixel art, not photos)? thank you.
Any other suggestion will be welcome, but keep in mind this is in a initial stage still
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:52:06 pm by mattib »

Offline mattib

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 04:51:11 pm
sorry here it is

Offline mattib

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 10:34:55 am
okay, maybe too much of an early stage. I'll post some progress. Hope this time I get some replies :D...
the elvis poster is traced from a photo, that was the effect I intended to do.. notice that the wardrobe is still a problem!

now look at this guy... I don't know, the outline doesn't satisfies me, because I quite like what I did on paper and I'd want to do something that gives it justice. Maybe I did something wrong in the paper drawing? Or is it a tracing method issue? do you think I could trace this drawing in pixel art and make it look good? I don't think is too much detailed..

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:19:42 pm by mattib »