AuthorTopic: [c+c] Skunk Attack  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Stone_Merten

• View Profile

[c+c] Skunk Attack

on: January 01, 2012, 01:59:02 am
Hi! I'm new here.... and a little new to pixel art...

So anywho I made a skunk attacking the camera.... it will be animated soon but i wanna see how people like it I'm trying to figure out how to make it look more furry

I'm not sure if the image appeared

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Re: [c+c] Skunk Attack

Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 04:12:28 am

I'm not sure if the image appeared
It didn't because there was a bunch of extra stuff in your image tags
This:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd394/Stone_Merten/SKUNK.png[/img]Gets this:
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 04:23:21 am
Well, if you want to be showing a skunk about to spray, the tail's in the wrong position.  When skunks spray their tails curve the other direction, towards their heads.  You've also got what looks like an extra foreleg, that leg should be drawn from scratch in keeping with the perspective of the rest of the image (and as such, almost entirely obscured).  See if you can find some reference images, they help a lot.

Offline Stone_Merten

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 07:20:30 pm
Thanks Kasumi

Okey doke...

My apologies if it still didn't show up... I'll learn
So I rotated the tail counter clockwise to get it out of the way of the spray... i increased the size of the canvas for this purpose. I added a chest area and fixed the front leg so it went farther from the other one

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 10:14:17 pm
What he means is it should bend the other way, like this-

Anyway, right now, you really need to work on the shading, so it would probably be best if you don't worry about texture just yet.

Well, first, the outline needs to be cleaned up. It looks like you sketched it once and then just thinned it down to single pixels. Especially its back.

Then, focus on shading the shapes like you would any other sphere or cylinder. The head is almost completely flat expect for some dark and light on the edges.

And read through this.