AuthorTopic: GR#075 - Warrior - Anatomy  (Read 11565 times)

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Re: Nameless Pixel Art

Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 07:45:47 pm
I'm in this office for 3 months. By the time I'm done, I hope I'll be an experienced pixel artist at the very least XD
I know your feelings... been with these crazy minded people of pixelation 3 yea... no almost 4 years now actively and still feeling like sh*t with these pixels/generally in all forms of art just recently i've felt i'm on a right track with these... hope you hang on here long enough to master this maniac form of art.

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 09:57:31 am
Pixelart or art in general, is an attitude...a lifestyle! Don't limit it to just these 3 months! For me its just a matter of training the eye so you see things differently...you SEE them...and at the same time you already made the picture in your head!

As proper pixelartist, you could even make a nice picture with a nice arrangement of different fruits. Everyone is always thinking that pixelart only relates pixels, but it helps you tremendously in all fields! As for myself, I got into pixelart 10 years ago when I interacted with the matter, playing online games (I know theres earlier mediums) but that is now my speciality, marketing/psychological-wise, the building of game mechanics involving ideas, networks/systems, the very core of game fundamentals! (Let's go as far, and compare it with martial arts!...:D)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 10:13:47 am by Elk »
Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299

Offline Stickgag

• View Profile
    • DeviantArt page

Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 03:05:47 pm
Pixel art is already teaching me things I'd only ever individually learn. It's like I'm learning all these different things at once!

These 3 months are purely for practise. By the end of those, I may even actually contribute to the company and their games! After that, I can be actually confident in my skills, and from then on I just keep doing pixels and have fun! Right now it's pretty frustrating and I still have so much more to learn. But it's incredibly rewarding and I feel way more accomplished spending hours on one work with pixels, then just sketching or digital painting XD No shortcuts, just pure pixel by pixel, feels good.

So in the future, any work I've created and am unsure of, I'll definitely post it here for advice!