AuthorTopic: [WIP] Character for an adventure game  (Read 7148 times)

Offline RedKnight91

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Character for an adventure game

Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 06:43:39 am
i used a variation of Arnes 16 color palette
just looking for some feedback

I find that palette sort of offensive as someone whose skin isn't "skin" colored according to it. I know that's kinda lame, but seriously. Think about how many black or non-white characters there are in video games.

Lol, dumbest argument ever, what does that even mean?? So you don't play any game with a white main character in it?
Bear with my poor english, I'm italian!

Offline coffee

• JohanAronson
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Character for an adventure game

Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 06:34:23 pm
There are plenty of games nowdays that give you the choice of skin colour. But in this chase I don't think that will be an option. It's not like he choose this palett to be the guidance for every artist/game ect. in the world but just exclusive for this sprite.

Anyhow. This got a bit blown out of proportion and if you feel offended by such a thing, in the future infinitegames , please do one version of each human character sprite with all the possible skintones a person can have...

Back to the character.

Your latest update made it a lot better but I think the hair could use some work. Maby make it less detaild. instead of small strokes of light. put one large with less saturation.
I would also make the facial fetures and shadows in a darker tone. put a a few more colours in it and it will pop out a lot better.

Keep going bud
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:47:20 pm by coffee »