AuthorTopic: My first creation  (Read 3974 times)

Offline d00de

• View Profile

My first creation

on: July 08, 2011, 05:32:07 pm
Hello everyone, here's my first try in drawing something using Graphics Gale.
I tried to do the first thing that went in my mind, i didn't copied it from nowhere, just trying to give a shape of what i was thinking  :)
Please tell me what's wrong in it and some hints to improve! Let me know what do you think :y:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:34:10 pm by d00de »

Offline Koyot1222

• View Profile

Re: My first creation

Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 05:49:10 pm
In my opinion, itisnt bad after all. i dont know exaclty what sort of species is this skull, but if you created it from your mind its your idea. Simple human skull has special shape, try to look at michaleanglo first drawings you will see the shape.

Try to avoid of useing black colour as a part of the drawings. Deep black colour is always a hole in the picture. If you would examine color of the shadow of the things youwill see that its always have some sort of colour. Deeper darker colour the deeper hole will be looking.
Hope my word are understandable, im still practicing.

Ive made quick edit of your work, and some palete orders to use less colours. Id used GIMP

Its not perfect but itll help you get something clear that i was talking about.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 06:25:30 pm by Koyot1222 »

Offline d00de

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 06:14:12 pm
In my opinion, itisnt bad after all. i dont know exaclty what sort of species is this skull, but if you created it from your mind its your idea. Simple human skull has special shape, try to look at michaleanglo first drawings you will see the shape.

Try to avoid of useing black colour as a part of the drawings. Deep black colour is always a hole in the picture. If you would examine color of the shadow of the things youwill see that its always have some sort of colour. Deeper darker colour the deeper hole will be looking.
Hope my word are understandable, im still practicing.

well, first of all thanks for your opinion. What I have in mind isn't something totally realistic, I mean, I'm trying to do some kind of sprite that gives the idea of being part of an abandonware/retro game; the image should be "eye friendly", don't know how to explain :/
However, I'll be working on this and post the results as soon as i can!
 I'm not sure if what I'm saying is understandable, sorry for my bad english  :(

Offline Koyot1222

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 06:27:50 pm
i have just pasted another edit. Hole in the skull

If youre looking for good reference try to look for screens of gobliiins game. Its very old, very stylish masterpiece pixel art. Probably this is what youre looking for.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:03:02 pm by Koyot1222 »

Offline d00de

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 01:01:49 am
i have just pasted another edit. Hole in the skull

If youre looking for good reference try to look for screens of gobliiins game. Its very old, very stylish masterpiece pixel art. Probably this is what youre looking for.

Yeah that kind of thing, i used to play all three episodes  :crazy:
Here's the update, but i'm not sure of the teeths and the lower shadow. I'll be working on this in these days.

Offline Koyot1222

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 08:45:23 am
Looks much better :) But im also thinking that you have to work more for teeths, couse this dither all over makes them very flat.

Offline d00de

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 06:43:44 pm
Long time has passed since last login! Here, I made the teeths "bigger" and tried to do some sort of gradiation in the shadow. If anyone is still reading this thread, could tell me how this looks?
Thanks!

Offline Psiweapon

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 02:15:47 pm
It's starting to look pretty cool :)