AuthorTopic: Recursion Animation  (Read 3200 times)

Offline winged doom

• rt8vr8ttr
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/26848.htm
    • 08--n7r6-7984
    • r6-4aw3-b
    • 08.n7r6.7984
    • View Profile
    • @

Recursion Animation

on: July 28, 2011, 06:38:30 pm

Ok, i'll tell you.. The scared, lost the way Fairy ( her name is Saturday-14th.... strange name, i know) ..in gloomy, gloomy Wood... It's raining.. the thunder rolls and the lightning flashes! ..and soon there will be something terrible!! Panic assailed her and Fairy tries to leave this place with magic of teleportation.. Again and again.....

Fairy Reference

Actually it's just gif(t) on HB. I stole effect of "teleportation" from sprite of Paul Robertson. I used Photoshop. + x2 scale version
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:44:22 pm by winged doom »

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Re: Recursion Animation

Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 08:18:21 am

Ok, i'll tell you.. The scared, lost the way Fairy ( her name is Saturday-14th.... strange name, i know) ..in gloomy, gloomy Wood... It's raining.. the thunder rolls and the lightning flashes! ..and soon there will be something terrible!! Panic assailed her and Fairy tries to leave this place with magic of teleportation.. Again and again.....

Well, the animation is well done, but to be honest, she looks like a floating schoolgirl more than a fairy.
Also, would you mind posting a still version of the fairy gfx ? It looks like her shading could be improved, but it's hard to tell on an animation.

Offline Koyot1222

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 09:52:18 am

Before ive read your text i was thought that its some sort of lost girl in some digital dark word. Especialy those red words in the end looks like it was taken from cyberpunk style. It doesnet look like some sort of fairy tale to me, probably youve mixed too many styles, "theres too much mushrooms in this soup" like my mother used to say.

Maby you should consider to ad some drama to pose of your fairy?
  My old teleport anim for amiga Archmage
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:30:10 am by Koyot1222 »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 01:35:52 am
Yep, definitely not fairy-like. I have to ask - why do you think anyone perceive her as that? No dragonfly wings or anything on her. Go check out Vallejo's fairy paintings for some good old school ref.

And she hovers dissonantly over that rainy briar patch bg, look as though she was haphazardly pasted there at the last minute. You simply copied the linked to pose/costume reference with no thought of custom integration.

What I do like is the vibe of your story telling style. A good story coupled with you stuff could be very compensating.