AuthorTopic: Commercial Critique Challenge - New Beast on the Block!  (Read 62806 times)

Offline vierbit

• 0.09 posts per day
    • View Profile

Re: Commercial Critique Challenge - New Beast on the Block!

Reply #50 on: December 28, 2006, 10:08:08 pm
Hope its not to late to post here.

Basically changed in some points the design but left the colorcount untouched.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 02:26:28 pm by vierbit »

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #51 on: December 29, 2006, 09:16:40 pm
Buttloads better than the original, thats for sure. My only nit picks have to deal with its wings. They look as if they were originally on a flat plane and then skewed. Must be the lighting thats creating this effect(i.e. the shading of the wings is pretty flat), but I understand that the the wing is at an angle where light can't reach the underside. Just looks flat, though. Also, the veins on the wings tend to stand out a little too much, and look more like confetti pasted on the wings, rather. I love the lighting and shine on it's shoulder, and paws, though...still better than original, that's certain.
my back hurts...

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: January 09, 2007, 04:32:05 am

Plenty of errors. Rawr.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #53 on: January 11, 2007, 09:19:32 am
Original (8 colors):

Mine (10 colors):

I picked this one originally because it seemed like a pretty easy redo.  The lighting is impossible and bad, the design is just weird, the palette is wooden and washed out...but the more I worked on my version of it the more i found some really clever, cool little touches that were pretty hard to replicate.  The teeth and nose area in particular are really inspired on the original.  I went for a more conservative angle on my sprite, I think to the detriment of the piece - there's something really dynamic about that original that I think mine is still missing.  I've kind of got this Swamp Thing thing goin on too, but this was mainly a palette practice piece for me anyways :P

Aritriste

Reply #54 on: January 21, 2007, 01:22:09 am
Great entries all.
Here's mine. I completely re-did it.

Here's a more blueish

Here is another edit, I used a small tinge on. Also, I tried to shape the head to be more...demonic. In addition I added a small spike to the elbows, but the arm closest to the body is hard to determine, and generally was hard to do due to the angle of lighting, yet I tried many things such as a lighter pixel though I don't think it will be as noticable, but if you were to judge it anyway I would have to say the inside arm was a negative towards the entire image than a positive. Anyway, there is room to learn, and I intend to.

Anyway generally this is the first pixel modification other than re-mastering general sprites to depict more detail.

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #55 on: January 21, 2007, 12:48:37 pm
Hope its not to late to post here.

Basically changed in some points the design but left the colorcount untouched.
Wow good job. The left wing looks kinda strange though, It's just like its going to the inside or something..

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #56 on: February 03, 2007, 03:34:57 pm
I know it's been a while but i finished it off.
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #57 on: March 24, 2007, 08:04:58 pm
I know it's been a while but i finished it off.

Cool lighting. Reminds of an eerie full moon, outside in some gothic courtyard or cemetary. As for this being a remake, you guys are putting that poor guy to shame. Someone should link him to this thread, he'd get a huge kick out if.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 09:14:56 pm by Mathias »