AuthorTopic: GR#058 - Creature - Sidescroller  (Read 25789 times)

Offline slym

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Creature - Sidescroller

Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 01:14:30 am
Been very busy lately. Here is a mock-up with some GUI. Color changes, moss added, etc. Some parts of the moss are obviously unfinished, and the rocks still need a bit of editing.

Iphone

Sorry for the weird colors, photoshop 7.0's gamma settings are a hot mess. Oh and don't mind the different heart sizes, the larger ones are obviously the current ones.  :mean:

I uploaded the screens as pictures on my iPod :P

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:13:45 pm by slym »

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 03:26:04 am
Maybe it's just my monitor (wait no it isn't) but it seems the contrast/saturation is now upped way too high, so much it's starting to destroy the mysterious, calm atmosphere you had going earlier. Just turn it down a tiny tad bit, if you can. Not to say you can't leave it higher than it was before, just a bit.

Also I now realize the bunny's arms seem a bit odd; not quite sure what's wrong with them. As a next step you might want to pull of references for both the bunny and deer to fix this. The Creature's shoulders are a bit high but I suppose that's just the common odd-looking keyframes you find in animations.

Offline slym

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 03:55:13 am
The creature's anatomy may be a bit off, I don't think that it is the newest version. As you can tell, the bunny's colors are very messed up. It works much better when it is darker. The colors fix themselves when they are on the iTouch/iPhone (even the brightest settings on the device make the image darker and less saturated than it appears on here).