AuthorTopic: Death rides a substitute...  (Read 11068 times)

Offline Wayuki

• View Profile
    • Wayuki's Place

Re: Death rides a substitute...

Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 07:55:49 am
If removing the darkest color makes the piece washed out or choppy, then it isn't a wasted dark, IMHO. o_O

Offline Tinygiant

• View Profile
    • .:: ARMY OF TROLLS ::.

Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 10:27:12 am
I love this, colour choice works perfectly for the subject matter, that Mule is so damn cute, the folds in death cloak look ace, only thing thats a little out of place is deaths armour clad legs, it's minor tho, great work.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 12:04:47 pm
Wouldn't say the original had a wasted dark shade.

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 03:42:29 pm
I love this! So funny! I love the colours all 9 of them :o :D The dithering you have used is good (when i use it, it looks cheese grated) and i think the AA is pretty darn neet ASS well! (Sorry lame joke)

Dan
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!

Offline DrDerekDoctors

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 03:56:05 pm
Very cute indeed, although the armour on the legs seems a little out of place. Love the mule's squashed face and sullen look. :)
--

DrDerekDoctors

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 04:26:20 pm
Hmm hmm hmm... I guess my last bosses were right when they asked if something was wrong with my vision. I can't tell a whole lot of a difference with that last dark tone removed. (this is probably why I can't drive at night, everything looks so blurred >_<..) My apologies for bringing it up.

Staring at it again I kinda see what everyone is saying... and I noticed without the last dark tone you would only be shading his robe with 3~4 tones...which is why the last dark tone is necessary to help balance things out I suppose. I really need to get my vision checked once I got enough money *looks around dazedly*

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 04:41:43 pm
Hmm hmm hmm... I guess my last bosses were right when they asked if something was wrong with my vision. I can't tell a whole lot of a difference with that last dark tone removed. (this is probably why I can't drive at night, everything looks so blurred >_<..) My apologies for bringing it up.

Oh, don't worry, you CAN see it. It's just hard to compare when not having them side by side, especially when trying to detect dark shades against this bright a background. Here you go; Don't tell me you don't see it now.

This is looking great,Tree-mule-ant. I really dig the donkey, and the colors are nothing short of amazing really.

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 09:34:13 pm
I personally like it better with the added dark shade, it gives it life. without it it kinda looks dull.

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 11:19:14 pm
I liked the original better but the new one has a nice tint to it.  Looks good!

And yes, your work, along with several others (Helm, Adarias, and a few whose names I forgot) are very influential.  They're all mixed styles, and I hope to be that good some day.

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 12:02:21 am
I have aboslutely no critiques. I'll just say that i'm loving your shit lately and its all really inspiring.

Heart jew.
@darionmccoy