AuthorTopic: R! P! G?  (Read 6913 times)

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

R! P! G?

on: May 07, 2006, 09:23:17 pm
Been in an RPG mood for a few weeks, and having just finished Atelier Iris 2, I felt like pixeling some doodle I did a while ago.

She had a bow and some arrows hanging on her back but they just looked like golf clubs, so it was removed but I left the weird armor plate in.
------
Schu

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: R! P! G?

Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 10:50:08 pm
vey nice, makes me think of valkyrie profile from no reason

one thing you may want to try is just doing the weapons at a different agle, the perfects are easy to make clean, but they tend to cary stiffness. even the slope=2 and slope=1/2 angles work better since they are more interesting.  your choice though and whatever you do dont ruin this on my advise :P
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 11:26:52 pm
hey beautiful shading!  the only part where my eye gets confused is her waist armor/fabric stuff - it seems like her legs and her split waistcoat run together a bit - it's not immediately obvious to me that the blue loincloth thing is in FRONT of her legs.  I agree witht he weapon angle thing, though this is easily the best straight angle pose i've seen!  the hair feels flat compared to the rest of your shading.  love the palette!

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 11:30:08 pm
Yar, AdamAtomic posted sooner as I did, and he basically voiced all of my thoughts...
Haha.

Anyways, one thing I disagree on with both of them is the perfect angles. AdamAtomic does mention it's a great pose for a straight angle, but it's not necessarily bad to have perfect angles: CA, after all.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 11:36:47 pm
This is very pretty. I could make a few extremely minor crits (the aa on the leather (?) below the belt looks a bit jagged, and the weapon angles, as Adarias mentioned, are all that come to mind at present), but on first look, it struck me as pretty incredible, and that's what really counts in my mind.

The design, the palette and the colouring are all top-notch.

**CAG and adam both posted while I was typing, so apologies if some of what I said is repetition.

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 02:25:25 am
Thanks for the comments, all :) I actually had the front sword at a different angle at the beginning but opted for the straight clean look 'cause it, well, looked better to me. Had like three different versions, and this one is the one I was most pleased with.

Never played Valkyrie Profile but I've wanted to. I'll keep a lookout in the bargain PSX bins for it :) Though they are re-releasing it... Sadly, no classic Enix title on the list, other than Star Ocean. I was hoping for Terranigma......
------
Schu

Offline Ari

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 04:01:43 am
That would be killer with one of thos ebouncey fighting stance animations.

Very cool though Schu!
I see
Said the blind man
To his deff dog
In the corner of the round room.

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 05:05:06 am
Mmm yummy pixels *saves*. I really need to play that game some day, such sexy art. To a picky #($&*#er the sprite has a slight plasticy feel to it, but the hair doesn't. Style I suppose ^^U.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 01:34:23 pm
I'd tweak the angles of one or both of her feet... at the moment she appears to be slightly bow-legged - I assume this is intentional (as it's a stance commonly used in teenaged anime females,) but I think in this case it detracts from the character. She appears off balance, and the feet are too mirrored-like in nature. Simply adjusting "her" left foot to be pointing more away from her body would dramatically improve this piece. Other than that I really don't have much to add.

Perhaps you could rotate the closer sword so that the guard is running parallel to her arm.

Offline majestic1

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 08:39:20 pm
im luvin it :)
this one is really good
legs are kinda long thou