AuthorTopic: running animation + still  (Read 7671 times)

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Re: running animation + still

Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 12:00:15 am
JWW, excellent work, you improved the anim alot. The added contrast is much better. Btw those new pics are pretty cool too, the flower petals could use some work though, they seem kinda not-like-petals >_<. Try googling up flowers and try to shape it simliar to a known plant. The boulder/rocks seem fine, good palette too.

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 12:05:18 am
thanks dhaos that means a lot =)

as for the plant, i actually did that on purpose believe it or not =P  idunno, i kinda wanted to do something away from the normal plant.  sorta wanted like a red fern/thorn bush coming out the top, but come to think of it, that tiny stem wouldn't be able to hold something like that, ill fix that.  Oh and glad you like the rock =)

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 10:07:03 am
The furthest arm doesnt stand out enough.  IT would be quite effective in darker levels but otherwise, I would suggest an outline. 

Great work BTW.
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline vedsten

• boo
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 12:20:30 pm
I really like the animation itself, but i still think you've got some color issues. Took a min. and saved, and realized that you've got way too many colors going on, 24 in the frame i checked to be exact. A lot of them just don't serve any purpose, but what's worse is, that they really makes the sprite look cluttered, you can't tell the what's what.

did a little edit, hope it's ok.

I just picked a some colors from your pallette, recolored it and moved a few pixel around.
This might be a bit too harsh, but it'll give you an idea on what i'm talking about

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 12:29:11 am
@sohashu
thanks =) well most stuff is outlined already, but ill try to darken the farther limbs.

@vedsten
well i like the heightened contrast but i think it takes away too much from the design, ie hair color, hair shape, pants color, shirt color, far leg band, etc.  I know what your getting at though so this will help me thanks =).

thanks for the feedback guys =]

EDIT: hmm, i know what you mean by a lot of them dont serve a purpose like the the dark blue and dark grey.  Ill try to merge some of those colors, but they sort of help me distinguish parts of the design when animating.  The main reason its cluttered is the details of the design.  The clothing/accessories are emulating kingdom hearts/final fantasy type clothing. Ill do my best to fix the color issues but i don't want to sacrifice the design.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 12:56:17 am by JWW »

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 01:31:57 am
ok =}
i reshaded the legs because i thought they were very flat, merged some colors, darkened far limbs

any crits at this point? im still attempting to reduce colors without sacrificing design as well as adding highlights to the hair and some more contrast on the hair.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 02:03:04 am by JWW »