AuthorTopic: pixel software with sound features  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Justice

• View Profile

pixel software with sound features

on: March 20, 2011, 06:21:32 pm
Hi,

I'm new here but not to pixel art. I've been looking for some software to animate in pixels that also supports adding sound, ideally having the option to scrub the timeline so you can animate precisely to sound. So far the best solution seems to be to animate in any of the popular tools and stitch everything together in after effects or any other compositing software, but if there's something that has everything in one place that would be great. I also know that everything after Photoshop CS3 Extended now supports sound (really cool!) but the difference between animating in frames and their timeline is really messy so far. Any help or leads would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Justice

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Re: pixel software with sound features

Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 07:12:07 pm
TVPaint.

http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/article/home/

Probably SUPER overkill for what you want, but it was designed as an "all in one" bitmap animation app from the ground up. It has existed since the Amiga days, and has been in almost constant development since then. It is feature rich. One can do pixel art in it, it's got onion skinning, sound editing, whatever else.

STEEP learning curve, though.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:14:15 pm by Kasumi »
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES