AuthorTopic: Faces, faces, 1bit faces, I am bad at them!  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Skyfort

• View Profile

Faces, faces, 1bit faces, I am bad at them!

on: January 29, 2011, 06:17:43 pm
Hello hello! I am making conversation portraits for a game, for which I might post the sprites for later -- but for now it's just the faces, faces, 1bit faces! Well, I only have one finished-ish right now, but I realized I never tried to dither in black and white before (I always just did solid two-tone simple things) and as you can see it looks a bit busy and silly. Any thoughts you have will be the best thoughts ever!

In this game you will play a traveling ninja gentleman, and this is one of the disgruntled people that you must assist so that they needn't scowl so anymore.

and alternate background that is even more busy why did i make this i dont know what im doing with my life?

Thanks!
(Depending on my levels of success with this I might opt for making the game in color, but I rather like the STARKNESS of black and white)

P.S. In the game this will be zoomed in to 2x, but it should probably still be readable at 1x just for the principle of the thing.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:20:53 pm by Skyfort »

Offline Savick

• View Profile

Re: Faces, faces, 1bit faces, I am bad at them!

Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 06:15:30 am
I think you should have less dot shading on the face. Makes it seem overly hairy or something similar. Maybe tone it down a little.