AuthorTopic: New Logo [very much WIP]  (Read 4460 times)

Offline redballoon

• View Profile

New Logo [very much WIP]

on: November 26, 2010, 12:15:01 am
I now need to get my finger out and get my website up and running and push for freelance work again. So, sticking with what i know best - lofi pixel a la ZX Spectrum - i whip up a new version if my logo.

This is the first draft - i temporarily put in that noisy grey fade out just to get some contrast but it is only temporary.
I'm going to try a colour version, i think, and a version at a slightly high resolution. Obv, with colour a hilite can be shown on balloon as well as the clouds and dinosaur. I actually need to finish the bottom of the dinosaur.

Still, early days on it.

Offline michelcote

• View Profile

Re: New Logo [very much WIP]

Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 12:00:39 am
I think color will add lots to the image, I'd really like to see that.
I like the stylized fade on the lineart and how the underline is distinctive, though it could be cleaned up on the dinosaur's neck.  A bit of AA and less contrast with color on the eyes, I think they stand out too much now.
Cute style, everything about this is adorable, including the text.

Edit:  First post!  Been lurking here for a couple of months now.

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 08:21:38 pm
I see a couple of jaggies in the balloon, and the back of the head.  Otherwise looks like an ok start to me.

Tourist

Offline redballoon

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 11:58:08 pm
I see a couple of jaggies in the balloon, and the back of the head.  Otherwise looks like an ok start to me.

I'll look into the couple of jaggies.  :)
In the meantime, here's a couple of coloured versions. Still not sure about the colours and such yet, but it's late and I'm tired :-\

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:58:57 pm
There, head is fixed.

Offline redballoon

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 09:04:56 pm
Small amendments. Jaggies fixed on balloon and dinosaur head. Text now larger and positioned in the middle of the image. The main change is the dinosaur's body. It is now done so that his he's almost got his back to you and is looking back over his 'shoulder'. Like the idea of this, but not convinced I've pulled it off, so to speak  :P

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 09:51:48 pm
Looking better I think.  The larger font helps quite a bit.

It's unclear to me if the mid-green cluster is the arm or if it is the torso.  If it is the arm, then the rest of the back is too narrow.  If it is torso, then I'm not exactly sure what the shoulder is connected to anatomically.

Tourist

Offline Cilein

• Pixel <3
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 10:09:10 pm
The balloon looks stretched horizontally, not very natural looking, thin it or increase the height should do the trick. I think we should be seeing more back, the shoulder/back area is difficult to read. Coming along very nicely, like the 'crayon'-esque color scheme
<3 programming and pixels