AuthorTopic: The Photopalette Activity Thread!  (Read 21786 times)

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Re: The Photopalette Activity Thread!

Reply #30 on: June 30, 2012, 11:30:33 am
kept meaning to post or atleast improve upon this before posting, but now is a good time while I remember I guess, started on the 24th of May apparently
google image reduced:

oh god it just dawned on me it's not really a photo  ??? hope it's still okay :yell:  *"photo or image" phew

and progress on it haven't touched it in weeks

had mention on how dull the colours are shall I tweak them?  :-\

anyway it's good activity, and really dig what's been done so far in here :y: and I'll probably start another one up

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #31 on: July 01, 2012, 11:01:46 am

Still needs a lot of work.
The photo I used for this palette was WAY too risque for Pixelation.
So lets just pretend I used a nice picture of a forest.

Very cool Grim!

had mention on how dull the colours are shall I tweak them?
I enjoy the colors as they are, but why not?
Play around with em and see what happens.
I cheated on my fish girl quite a bit.
The upside down guy and the head poking in from the bottom!  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:22:15 pm by PixelPiledriver »
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 12:00:08 pm
haha too risque :lol: loving the pixel pinups :crazy:
Quote from: PixelPiledriver
The upside down guy and the head poking in from the bottom!
:D

and I'll probably just leave the colours.

did another fast activity thingy, but kinda dead ended so gonna do another, palette from this image

some random craziness, in some kinda crawlspace or something

prog

actually picked the image solely for the panda then thought it'd be weird drawing a panda from a palette reduced from a panda :huh: so I'll probably reduce something else and do a panda next  ;D

btw sorry for not organizing my posts/participations much :-X might edit them when I find the motivation

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 10:35:16 pm
Ah, I wanna join in :D. Actually I started on something on the unofficial square canvas/marine mythology theme (much) earlier but I haven't had time to polish it up much. Palette appropriated from a Wiki Commons PotD & I meant to incorporate accompanying motifs (hippocampus, trident, scales) in quite a graphic, ancient-grecian-pottery manner into the BG. Will do later, promise. Comp. based on this Klimt.

Grim

Props for resurrecting this, I can see the beginnings of a sweet dieselpunk beat 'em scene in the first of yours there, just needs moar foreground (and roundhouse kicks). I can't say that I follow your thought process in the second though (whodunnit@Mad Hatter's tea party?).

Piledriver

Miss Fish is cleaning up nicely. Actually each of your canvases is better than the last, all great. I do like the loose aesthetic but can't help feeling like they could be scaled down a bit without losing much and be thus easier to cluster-fy. To death :P. Do want cyan elephant to go on sexy adventures with.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:48:19 pm by Facet »

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 06:47:29 am
nice, really dig your brand of painterly clustering  ;D and seems like you planned that, having Poseidon (or triton or neptune?) making a cameo appearance already earlier in the thread in your edit,  how utterly devious of you, or rendering a zoom in heh actually gives me thoughts of an interesting activity :D

Quote from: facet
sweet dieselpunk beat 'em scene in the first of yours there, just needs moar foreground (and roundhouse kicks)
:crazy:

I can't say that I follow your thought process in the second though
what part of random craziness don't you understand haha :lol: I was just watching (listening) to TV (I have a HD tuner card in my PC, I rarely use it besides when I have company(who as you might suspect find me pixel'ling away boring))and this was basically the equivalent of doodling, just used the palette acquisition method and thus done in the vein of this thread, was just gonna do that portrait thingy, but thought it might be pretty boring in comparison to what's in here already :D

(whodunnit@Mad Hatter's tea party?)
I see what you did there  :hehe:

and yeah

now I feel obligated to do another to put into this post  :-*

oh lord so many emotes sorry guys

*update: did one, sammich girl kinda painterly (facet) and lolita (PP) influenced to some degree :D

should probably feel bad for not refining this but it's a doodley WiPy doodle and I might finish and refine the poor anatomy eventually  :blind:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:49:01 am by Grimsane »

Offline Steneslore

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 01:52:53 pm
Great idea for getting a palette. Makes it random and more challenging.

Started with this

Came up with this skull robot thing.