AuthorTopic: Pirate Girl  (Read 7842 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Pirate Girl

Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 11:53:22 pm
I noticed that line as well, but figured out what it was pretty quickly. In Helm's edit it isn't removed, it's just hidden in shadow and less...black. Also, in Helms edit, the "line" was given an effect of pressing against her skin, causing an impression. Though I do think Helm's edit the full pixel removed looked kind of odd...
I do think it would look better if it were under that golden buckle thingy of hers, though. I'm wondering what's causing that single sleeve on her jacket (the sleeve she's not wearing.) to just pop out like that while the rest of the sleeve jacket is just limp...?

BTW, I really like that stray curly hair on her head. This piece rocks.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 02:02:32 am by Xion Night »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 12:25:15 am
i took a shot at your lineart, havent done anything with much actual hue shift like this in a while. i had to put yours beside mine because somethings looked a bit cluttered. dont know if it deserves its own topic, i lmyself like it, but hey what does a 14 year old know?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 11:53:36 am
i took a shot at your lineart, havent done anything with much actual hue shift like this in a while. i had to put yours beside mine because somethings looked a bit cluttered. dont know if it deserves its own topic, i lmyself like it, but hey what does a 14 year old know?

Hey, looks pretty cool, reminds me of Krenkel a bit in the color shoices.  Also, dont put yourself down because of your age; age is seldom a factor (except where it involves life experiences).  in fact, there are a lot of kids that are really good artists.  Im 16, so im somewhere in between the kids and the pros :S

example of krenkel's work:

maybe this all belongs under the collective lineart thread?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 11:56:13 am by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 11:08:59 pm
heh, thanks. i noticed some things that looked very wrong with mine that i fixed, ill probably post it in the lineart topic.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 01:07:04 am
 Beautiful! One of the best pieces I've ever seen. Good luck with the new stuff.

Offline kerisu

• What is the wrong with me?
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

I want to BE her.

Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 12:03:55 am
*crys at the beauty*  :'( That is... So awesome. You're my hero.