AuthorTopic: big monster animation...  (Read 4966 times)

Offline neverest

• View Profile

big monster animation...

on: April 20, 2006, 04:53:43 pm
Well I can't say I've ever put much effort into animation at a small scale so this has been quite a challenge.
Its still very much a WIP, theres no detail or highlighting yet, I've just been concentration on the animated parts. If you see any errors, please let me know at this stage!

I'm thinking about adding a bit of belly wobble, but I'm not sure how it'd look.
Oh this is for a minigame I hope to do btw.

thanks

Newest Version:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 02:01:22 pm by neverest »

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Re: big monster animation...

Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 05:18:20 pm
Oooh, very fluid. I can only imagine how sexy it'll look fully coloured.

The mouth movement is a bit too jerky, imo. maybe you could add a frame and make it rise and fall by another pixel or so? I don't know, but it really jumps out at me, seeing as the rest is so smooth.

Oh, and the perspective on the spikes is a bit confusing. Looks like they'd run up his back at an odd angle. The upper ones should be somewhere between his eyes angle wise, if you get what I'm trying to say...

Belly jiggle'd be sweet. Can't wait to see it finished.

Offline neverest

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 06:12:49 pm
Thanks Tremulant,
heres a minor update, hopefully the jaw is fixed. I might add a slobbery tongue popping up as a bit of counter movement which might make it look a bit smoother.
Hehe I dont know how I messed up the perspective on the spikes, I guess I was concentrating on the limbs. Still not perfect but they should be fixed too.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 08:05:34 pm
Wow great monster and very fluid animation(i like the animations).

(iknow is a wip) I think need more articulate the mouth and expresions.

And abour the leg mmmm the movement is a little rare for my, not is than fluid how th rest of the body (i beleive)

But in overall whe you finish the work, textured, etc.. will be a great piece  ;D

Is for game?

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 09:23:11 pm
Big 0.o! The animation itself is very smooth, I like it alot, but I would consider making him sway (towards and away from the viewer) a bit more, the simple up and down bob isn't enough for a critter of this size. Kudos for doing something this big though =o.

Offline neverest

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 02:25:03 pm
Update:

I'm wondering how much if at all to AA the moving parts, I'm not sure if it may just make it look fuzzy, and I dont want to do a load of work to find out. Anyone with some anim-experience care to share any tips?

Thanks for the crits, Matriax I'm not really sure what you meant about the leg. I dont know how you feel about the mouth now, but i'm pretty pleased with his stupid expression.

Yeah this is for a game I'll be putting together, I'll actually need to do quite a lot of other animations for this thing so I'm trying to keep the shading stlye very simple. Hopefully the others wont be as much work as this one now I have the basics sorted.

Dhaos, I can picture what you mean, however I'm not sure how necessary it would be in the game, mainly because of the intentionally unrealistic physics the game will have, including this thing jumping!

Oh and if anyone can think of a cool name for this thing I'd be very grateful, it may (may) end up being the game name.

Thanks