AuthorTopic: What's with the double pixel hate?  (Read 13744 times)

Offline LarryPixel

• View Profile

What's with the double pixel hate?

on: November 14, 2010, 04:59:33 pm
Just came around these parts not too long ago.  Seems many people don't really like double pixels.  I prefer to work in sizes 3x to 8x.  It only seems to make sense to make pixel art more...pixeled.  So why all the dislike and apology for it on pixelation?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: What's with the double pixel hate?

Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 07:28:35 pm
Hi.

Show me the threads where this hate is going on, if you will.

Offline LarryPixel

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:11:18 pm
I'm using the term 'hate' very loosely. 

I found one instance of what I mean.
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=11167.0
Still searching for the other 2 I came across a couple days ago.  The other 2 were borderline apologetic for posting 2x images.  I naturally assumed that was something frowned upon around here.

My style (http://LarryPixel.Tumblr.com) is far beyond 2x.  Was just concerned with my posting here being pointless.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 08:19:34 pm
OK, now I am confused. Nobody in that thread you linked mentioned anything about the double pixels being rubbish or anything.

If anything it is a bit pointless to post doublepixel stuff here since we have a zoom function and stuff is easier to edit in it's original form and people who want to edit it for critique do not have to go and scale it down first and whatnot. You can always write something like "This is best looked at at 4x" or something.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline LarryPixel

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 08:28:38 pm
My apology for the confusion.  Ha.  Now I'm really trying to find those two other topics.  Bare with me here.

Offline LarryPixel

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 08:52:38 pm
Ok.  So I feel like a goof because I can no longer find those topics, even through search.  Everyone go back about your business  ;D

EDIT:  Found another.  http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=11170.0
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:11:21 pm by LarryPixel »

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 09:11:02 pm

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 09:12:31 pm
; _ ; I must say I am really upset to come here post something and get people giving me some bad comments only due to it being x2... . I was expecting some great c+c I know x2 is not the best to do, but I even mentioned it being x2 due to the original image being x2.

Offline LarryPixel

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 09:35:00 pm
; _ ; I must say I am really upset to come here post something and get people giving me some bad comments only due to it being x2... . I was expecting some great c+c I know x2 is not the best to do, but I even mentioned it being x2 due to the original image being x2.

Don't apologize or take any offense.  If an image is meant to be seen 2x, 3x or 16x, then it should be posted in that size and not left up to the user to resize it.  You're creating art and have the ability to have it displayed in any way you want.

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR ART!  EVER!

Offline Lizzrd

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 09:50:01 pm
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't mean that 2x pixels are bad, because thye are not, they are actually quite good.

When you post you can just add something like "Best viewed in 2x pixels" or something like that.
This IS after all a forum for getting comments and critique on your art, not a museum for it. (It's more of a warehouse actually.)
Photocopier: the fact that arne can also code so well
Photocopier: is horrificly unfair