AuthorTopic: Iso Collaboration III: Return of the Grid (Completed!)  (Read 377045 times)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: Iso Collaboration III: Return of the Grid

Reply #400 on: August 04, 2006, 10:25:49 am
awesome work snake, very admirable that you always try to make your tiles work with the rest of the image ;)
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #401 on: August 05, 2006, 05:46:29 pm
Idea: let's add more gnomes.

I think the piece is still developing well, if not, very well. The thing I noticed is that we all've focused much on the terrain and we added gnomes where they would fit in, but now I look at the piece as it's almost finished, and a question pops in my mind: should we add more gnomes?
I'd say yes. Like no other collaboration, this one really shines with life and nature. You can almost breathe the nature air if you look at it. I think adding more gnomes will increase the connection between the viewer and this collab. Making the world more crowded also exaggerates the 'collaboration' element.
We could give the existing gnomes that are alone, buddies and give them more emotion towards each other and the situation they're in. Right now, some of gnomes look like they are robots. I have to say though, currently some of the gnomes are pretty social gnomes, already.. Hehe..

Is this possible and favorable?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 05:50:44 pm by Lick »
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Weasel

• View Profile

Reply #402 on: August 06, 2006, 04:58:09 pm
Got here a little late I think. Everything's been claimed, but ah well.

I'm new to pixeloplis (well, joined and then lost the bookmark anyway and re-discovered today), so I took a look at the community projects etc.

I made a tile for the number 10 space, and yes, I am aware Larwick's already claimed it  :P. I made it just for fun/bordem's sake, so don't hesitate to get rid of it. First time I've every attempted iso or a community collab, I should do it more often, very fun.

And my tile seperatly-

It's supposed to be a bird in a nest, not sure if that's all to clear though.
WARNING - This post may contain incredibly bad spelling and/or grammar due to the dyslexic nature of the poster. Please ignore this until the problem can be rectified.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #403 on: August 06, 2006, 06:36:50 pm
Haha Weasel, that's really nice. Better than what i was gunna do, i think. You can have that tile if you like.  ;)

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #404 on: August 10, 2006, 11:03:04 am
Thanks for the kind words everyone and Weasel, that looks fantastic. Love little lizard peeking out on the bird :)

Meta|Fox: It looks pretty good IMO, so I don't want to tamper with it. After all, I made the dragon-lizard trying to match the tail.  ;)

I'll be away for 2 weeks starting tomorrow, so I'll probably miss the completion of the colab. I'm really looking forward to seeing the last tiles make the rest of the piece fall into place. I've just solved a few bugs on character movement, so making a small game of this should be fairly easy now. I could start making a demo as soon as I return if wanted.

Keep it up people!

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #405 on: August 11, 2006, 03:20:13 am
May I ask whether the last of the tiles are reserved? cus I'd happily take one to get this beast finished.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #406 on: August 14, 2006, 06:41:47 am
@Terley: Of the remaining tiles, GOODNIGHTdestroyer has 49 and 50 (reserved somewhat recently), and St0ven has been sitting on the other four for some time.  If you want to ask these people if they are willing to give up one or more of their tiles, go right ahead.

@snake: That is quite nice.  It transitions cleanly between all of the surrounding elements and does a good job explaining some of the other mysteries of the collaboration.  Good stuff!  Also, I look forward to seeing what you can do with a game of this; that would be fantastically cool.

@Weasel: Nice tile; since Larwick says it's yours, I suppose it is.  Glad to have your contribution here!
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #407 on: August 16, 2006, 02:43:54 am
YESSIR ON THE FORTY NINE AND FIFTY, I say someone needs to take over for st0ven, because he is really busy and probably won't be able to get to these for awhile.
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #408 on: September 10, 2006, 06:01:04 am
I'd like to try.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #409 on: September 13, 2006, 11:32:49 am
Hmm.. I was really hoping to return to a finished grid. Ah well.

Draco: If you want to give it a go, ask the people who reserved the tiles (the grayed out ones) if you can take over. They should be listed further back in the topic.