AuthorTopic: Anatomy help  (Read 6503 times)

Offline adcrusher524

• View Profile

Anatomy help

on: October 02, 2010, 01:32:42 am

Ref: http://www.posemaniacs.com/?p=222

I need some help with the anatomy, so any comments or critiques are appreciated. The left and right arm are both a little bit foreshortened, but it doesn't look quite right...
thanks guys.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 01:34:21 am by adcrusher524 »

Offline Wootai

• View Profile

Re: Anatomy help

Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 02:27:48 am
The legs look to far apart, check at where your center of balance is and the Contra-Posto (hip and shoulder displacement).

"The body is drawn with an uneven weight distribution.
For a stationary body to remain standing, its weight must be balanced. Often,
beginning artists will forget this basic truth when they learn to draw people.
For example, if you draw people standing with their weight on one foot,
the shoulder line and the hip line can never be parallel; otherwise, the figure will fall over."
- http://www.explore-drawing-and-painting.com/learn-to-draw-people-1.html

Offline seanz5

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 03:46:27 am
In my opinion the feet look very wrong, they look big as well as the toes.  The feet are also facing directly at the viewer which is pretty weird as well.  You may want to point out the feet a little.  I have to go out now but hopefully I can give a rough edit later to show you what I mean.

SeanZ

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 03:54:03 am
the thighs- particularly the one on our left, stay a uniform width all the way up, they should get much thicker at the top, especially given how meaty her legs are otherwise. the feet are wonky- I can't make any sense of the construction, where the ankle is or heel is, for example. The toes are huge and rather bulbous. She seems to lack much of a neck, and the facial construction as a whole is pretty weak. Ear is placed too far back and a bit low, she lacks a chin, the nose is strangely formed, the eyes sit atop the face rather than in sockets and she lacks eyebrows, making her look a bit like a neanderthal. I'd highly suggest using references if you aren't.

and yes, the leg on our left stick out pretty far, and her thigh is incredibly long- in fact that leg as a whole is much longer than the other.

Offline dragonboy

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 02:19:20 pm
One leg is noticeably longer than the other.  You can easily fix it by slanting her hips.

BTW, that link looks pretty cool, but kind've creepy at the same time.  Play "barbie doll" with the skeleton lady?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 02:22:27 pm by dragonboy »

Offline adcrusher524

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 11:09:38 pm
Thanks for the replies!

I think i might of gone backwards though... here's the knew one

the feet are just blocked out right now, as you can tell. Now they are not facing the viewer, is that better than before? Tried to fix the face, but I think now it's a little small. Not sure though.

Offline Wootai

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 12:51:30 am
The hips are better. the leg positioning is still to spread out though.

I tried drawing some guide lines and and using the reference image you picked to try and show where the major differences between your pose your model are.
Hopefully this will help you see what may need improvement

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 01:14:31 am

My edit was done mainly to enforce that the hips and shoulders should always be in opposition, and the center of balance in a figure is always a straight line down from the pit of the neck. It's not perfect by any means but hopefully it'll give you some ideas.

Offline adcrusher524

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 12:14:24 am
wow ryumaru sweet edit. That helped me a lot!

heres the new one:

i was trying a new texture for the shirt, do you think it looks alright?

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 01:13:19 am
I think the sprite needs more cleanup before we can comment on things such as the texture of the shirt. The legs might be a little long; note that on her right leg, the knee should actually be higher than the left as her pointed toe and arched foot are adding height for her to be able to stand like that.