AuthorTopic: My Western Iso's  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Poncho

• View Profile

My Western Iso's

on: October 12, 2010, 04:58:39 pm
Hi everyone!

To start with, I'm new here, and also, new to pixelart. I remember i've been pixelling about 7 years ago, but I was a child back then, so nothing I made was worth looking at ;)
I came back to this, and (as I was inspirated by "Desperados: WDOA" the game) I made a western iso, which looks just like that:

That's the first one of two works i've done to this day, after the break. All the work was supposed to hv a background, it was thought to have a river near the cliff etc. etc, but I gave up after some attempts of grass/dirt making, and there's a question to you, pixelation society - can u help me with that? Do u know any good tutorials, etc.?

There comes second, smaller one I made yesterday:

As u see it's bigger in scale because of the point it was supposed to be a larger project for pixeldam, and surely I'll finish it as a next tile for that huge project.

I'm waiting for your comments, and critics! ;)
(I'm using Graphics Gale btw., but first work was made in paint without any pallete, and there comes the problem - every new tone or shade I made as a new and a new one, and then - ZONK! it has about 150 colors in it. It'll make me remember next time...)

Sorry for my bad English!

Offline voidSkipper

• View Profile

Re: My Western Iso's

Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 10:02:49 pm
Your colour choice and composition are quite pleasing, but there seems to be some major perspective issues, especially in the first one.

I'll let someone with more experience than me explain, but the points where you can see the issues clearest are the right-most wall of the main building, and the lower left surface (the roof of the shack).