AuthorTopic: D-Pixel (my paint program)  (Read 50085 times)

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Re: D-Pixel (my paint program)

Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 08:16:17 am
Ohhh!  :crazy:

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 07:46:55 pm
Moving house sure does screw up your programming work... ;)

I'll hopefully try to get back to working on more programming for this in January.

Happy New Year everyone!!  :D

Offline infinitegames

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: January 01, 2011, 10:22:03 pm
I would also love a mac version

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: January 04, 2011, 08:06:27 pm
Maybe in the future.

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 11:15:55 pm
I've been busy working on version 0.58 this weekend, more features and a bit of a graphical makeover to make it look a bit more modern (but not a drastic change from before). Subtle shading on the interface and icons, more colour to the icons, less flat looking panels, and more of a square design on the corners of icons, icon highlights, etc..

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: January 11, 2011, 08:44:04 pm
Version 0.58 now released (sorry about the writing quality as ever!):

v 0.58 - 11th January 2010
--------------------------

+ Fixed bug where loading BMP / PNG images with pixels of value 255 were treated as transparant when using brush tools
+ Made sliders taller and the slider arrow a little bigger
+ Simplified and improved method of increasing or decreasing slider by 1
+ Reorganised effect options, splitting right mouse button modes (paint, erase or eyedropper) into a separate option panel which can be accessed by right clicking on the effects icon
+ Increased the dither patterns to 7
+ Added Erase paint mode as an effect tool as well as a right mouse button paint mode option and usable with a keyboard shortcut (shift is default). Erase mode removes colour under pixel when mouse button is first pressed, i.e. when over white you can erase white pixels with the brush, WITHOUT erasing other colours.
+ Added Stencil options: Stencil on/off, edit stencil (which lets you turn stencilled colour on/off by clicking in the palette area of the usere interface), invert stencil and erase stencil. Stencils are automatically saved and loaded in DPX files as well as in the normal workspace
+ Added 'Remove unused colours in palette' icon functionality in Palette Options. Left clicking on the icon replaces any unused palette entries with pure black. Right clicking on the icon replaces any unused palette entries with the colour in the current right mouse button pen
+ Visual update for the user interface: Slight subtle shading of background panels, now icons are multi-coloured and feature more shading. Icons lose subtle rounded corners on edges. Panels also lose rounded colours and feature top and bottom highlights. Icon highlights are square, and the main font is a little squarer too. Standard sliders gain shading and a more metalic looking slider arrow. The overall effect is for a user interface look which is not so flat as before, with slightly 'harder' looking elements (due to the removal of softening subtle curves)

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #46 on: January 16, 2011, 03:18:06 pm
There will be support for single colour bitmap fonts in the next version. Which you can change the colour and position of whilst typing as well. :)

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: February 03, 2011, 07:31:01 pm
Small update, as not had much time recently..
+ Undo / Redo now works correctly when drawing on multiple images
+ Added text tool with 4 small fonts. Colours and positioning of text can be altered whilst typing

See if anyone uses this! :P

Offline Cybernetic

• View Profile

Reply #48 on: February 03, 2011, 11:53:29 pm

hey happymonster. nice program you got here. i think the interface as far as ergonomics could be simplified a bit. what do you think of the idea of open sourcing your program. that would make your program available on win, mac, and linux. and would give it a long life of development. i think its something to consider anyway. i notice theres users of both mac and linux and i wouldn't be surprised if people jumped on the opportunity to develop this program. its very pretty too :)

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #49 on: February 04, 2011, 08:15:12 am
I'm not really thinking about making it open source at the moment.. but please let me know what you think I can improve with the interface.