AuthorTopic: Someone please tell me how to post this request  (Read 2546 times)

Offline pixelrox

• View Profile

Someone please tell me how to post this request

on: August 30, 2010, 01:34:54 am
I could not find any instructions on how to make the following request.

I would like to have a custom pixel art icon set created. An icon pack if you will. My requirements are very simple, I would ask to purchase a complete pack and in addition a very small pixel art logo. I am not interested in time/pay rates, but in a specific fee purchase.
I would of course give a list of what the icon definitions are, but the creative choice is to the pixel artist. There are so many price ranges and sizes out there, that it's too difficult to figure out how these are priced. This is not a computer icon set I am looking for, but more a category icon set, that I would use on my website.

Please let me know how and where I can post this.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:40:47 am by pixelrox »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Someone please tell me how to post this request

Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 02:35:48 am
Would you not simply post this in Job Offers?

Offline pixelrox

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 07:11:44 am
No, the rules clearly state, that unless it's a paid Job Offer, it should not be posted. Of course I intend to pay, but not as a retainer, but for completed work.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 08:16:59 am
Pixelrox, as long as you're honest with what you intend to do and you can come to an agreement with your artist over the specifics, this is a Paid Job offer. Unless I have misunderstood your text, the only difference is that you want to settle on payment by piece and not by hourly rate. You're not the only one, a lot of jobs are like that. You get better results/costs by hourly rate, usually, but that's up to you to choose.

Offline pixelrox

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 06:22:53 pm
Ok, I think that answers it. So when I am actually ready to go through with this, it should be fine to post in the Job Offers. Thanks.