AuthorTopic: The God-King is not Amused  (Read 3688 times)

Offline SengirDev

• View Profile

The God-King is not Amused

on: August 10, 2010, 03:34:31 pm
Meet Gilgamesh, the most famous Sumerian king (whether he is entirely ficticious or just greatly exaggerated is unknown). He's a character in a (hopefully) upcoming iphone/ipad game.

I guess I got kind of lazy half-way through, especially with the cloth. I'm not very good at pixelling (i'm a programmer), so i came here :)

It's supposed to be in a "style" of sorts, but I'm perfectly fine with going a different route if that makes it look better.

Offline SengirDev

• View Profile

Re: The God-King is not Amused

Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 12:49:48 am
Wow guys, thanks for all that helpful crit. I don't know what I'd do without you  :crazy:

On a more serious note, I've spent most of the day on this and I hope it's done.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 01:42:58 am
don't feel like making an edit but i'll throw some crits your way. whiner :crazy:

head is a little square up top. sharp angled sides, flat top, work to make it more circular. ears are too small and too high. can't tell what the crown is doing, maybe explain/post image so's i can tell what shape it is and how it's wrapping around the head? arms are rather straight, should define the shoulders more. forearm/lower arm is way too long, this guy would look like an orangutan(g) if his arms were at his sides (especially given the short torso, could at least remove the belly button so we assume it's just a high skirt/kilt thing). fingers are pretty short, hand is oddly shaped/ill-defined as well. if you're not using references for crossed arms i'd google some, if you are i'd post them/links to them here to get better critique.

love the simple shading, large flat areas of color, and the palette chosen, very fresh n' clean.

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 04:37:14 am
Wow guys, thanks for all that helpful crit. I don't know what I'd do without you  :crazy:

Sorry but... if I had a dime for all the new members I've seen make a few posts and then disappear into the void forever, I could buyout microsoft. After a while you don't take people too seriously unless they have been here a while.

Offline theorb77

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:32:16 pm
For the style you're using, you may want to consider the ever-classic three-fingered cartoon hand.

That edit looks nice; I agree with Cure, very clean.

Offline VDX

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 03:05:03 am

My thread's been up for over 3 weeks and I only got one reply. :P
Don't expect miracle responses within seconds here, some take time, and some people even give edits and ideas to you if you let them have their time.

Making sprites/pixels NEVER take little time to do, so have patience.