AuthorTopic: [WIP] Platformer flash game project  (Read 6780 times)

Offline slym

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: [WIP] Platformer flash game project

Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 01:44:09 pm
I keep editing this, but I realize that I don't have to respond to what you just said... so I'm not going to. Besides I was nice enough to go out of my way to make an edit.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:57:21 pm by slym »

Offline voidSkipper

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 04:48:11 pm
I keep editing this, but I realize that I don't have to respond to what you just said... so I'm not going to. Besides I was nice enough to go out of my way to make an edit.

You do realise that Mike is not the original poster, right?

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 06:55:50 pm
I feel like those rocks are dying for some AA  ;)

Anyway other than that the bridge like tiles don't fit into the environment. So what I did was assume that the bridge is always touching a rock tile, and adding a more realistic ledge to the rock that the bridge is resting on. Here's my edit:

I don't want to sound rude or anything but how does a metal bridge merge with the rocks?  Was it built that way?  Did it gradually merge with the bridge?  Did the bridge eventually turn to rocks and stuff?  It does need to be blended together with the bridge but not in a morphing kinda way.  It's probably best to think of why you want the bridge there in the first place?  I imagine the rocks had lots of breaks in them and therefore the cave dwellers had to build bridge segments in order to make transporting food, water and people easier.  Maybe the poles should be jabbed into the rocks going horizontally and you can build the strengthening X's based on that.

To crit on a crit it's kind of a touchy thing....it's like an unwritten rule that if you do it you must do it gently...=O

I think the edit was fine, it should just have different palletes for each material