AuthorTopic: Link  (Read 9923 times)

Offline adcrusher524

• View Profile

Link

on: July 21, 2010, 03:37:27 am

for this one I'm planning on having a soldier fighting him,but at the moment I just have link done. I'm almost finished with the background (well not finished but up to the point where it wouldn't be a complete embarrassment to post it on here.) so I'll be updating with that soon.  Any comments or criticism would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Vermolius

• View Profile

Re: Link

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 04:51:53 am
The head doesn't make much sense, it looks like a chili pepper, to put it humorously. I don't understand the shape of the head, or why you changed his hair to red. Also the entire left arm looks as though it was originally drawn to be facing us (as if it were his right arm, which would be correct since Link, up until the Wii iterations has been left handed.). Were link facing away the shield would be closer to the viewer then the left forearm. I see a lot more, but I've got to run...

Offline adcrusher524

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 06:13:08 pm
thanks for the reply.  If I changed the sword to the left hand, would I have to change the whole body position?... Or I could just flip the whole thing horizontal.  His hair is red because in link to the past he has that hair. I don't like blond hair version haha. Thanks for helping me out with the shield, I didn't even notice that. I hope this one is better.   Does the head read now?  His hat is supposed to be falling off from being shot by an arrow. That might change though because the background I was working on is falling apart. All the colors aren't working right and it's messing up the readability.  I'll have to start it again from scratch I guess. Anyway here's the new link:

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 06:22:29 pm by adcrusher524 »

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 07:08:49 pm
His head looks too flat, overall and his left and right feet seem to be standing on two different positions. And I'm not really sure if the shield was really that...curvaceous.

All I have to say, for now.

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 09:16:13 pm
From the position of the body, it looks like his head would be facing away from the sword a bit.  It's such a dynamic pose, but the head position doesn't seem to be in tune to that.
A very rough edit:

Offline adcrusher524

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 09:55:08 pm
thanks for the edit dpixel! is this enough of his face showing? or should his head be turned more.

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 10:04:25 pm
thanks for the edit dpixel! is this enough of his face showing? or should his head be turned more.
Yes.  That's much better.  It was a bit hard to read before.

Offline Manjaman

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 10:39:24 pm
Frankly, his pose and anatomy are complety off. Don't feel like enumerating what's wrong, so i'll show you my point with this humble edit :

This edit is far from being perfect, i made it just so you see how you could fix all these issues. I honnestly recommend you make it again from the beginning, working hard on his pose and anatomy before you start the shading.
Good luck, and sorry for being that tough  :(

Offline WM

• cubist
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 12:09:07 am

I'm confused about the lightsource: the shirt reads as it being in front of Link, while the pants say it is actually higher than him and behind. The hat is the inverse of the shirt.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 04:03:37 am by WM »

Offline adcrusher524

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 12:15:46 am
wm-  I have the hat fixed in this version but I still need to fix the pants.

is this better anatomy? I'm going to try to stick with this pose, but if I can't get the anatomy right with it I'll have to change. sorry it's pretty sloppy.