AuthorTopic: another - small image dump.  (Read 13241 times)

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Re: another - small image dump.

Reply #30 on: March 31, 2006, 06:01:00 pm
Twas a single screen arcade game... had elements of tumblepop, parasol stars, flicky, dig dug, bionic commando and an old intellivision game called lock and chase... set in a maze, with a Baddie Generator somewhere, you (the player), and the JAIL.

The main character had stretchy arms (the long arm of the law [bionic commando]) - and he would grab the nme's and pull them back toward him, at which point the player can walk around (still holding the nme) and when they realised the 'grab' button the enemy would be thrown[tumblepop], and bounce around the corridors, knocking over the other enemies dazing them briefly... (and revealing bonuses such as fruit, records, ice pops etc [parasol stars])... the player can then 'arrest' the dazed nme's who form a Queue (a line) behind the main player and the player has to get the baddies to JAIL - mulitplier bonuses are given to multiple arrests that are sent to Jail [flicky], the Queue could be very long [snake] - anything 'cutting' the queue breaks it and frees the baddies on the side that isn't connected to the player... ... ... at least that's what it should have been, in reality it turned out a simplified version of that that I wasn't really happy with - I still think the premise is a sound idea though...

I really liked those single screen arcade games back in the day, Bombjack (which we cloned), Tumblepop, Snow Bros, Rainbow islands, Pang etc... Simplicity incarnate...

Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com