AuthorTopic: Hunter Walking Part II [WIP]  (Read 2762 times)

Offline freespyryt

• View Profile

Hunter Walking Part II [WIP]

on: April 02, 2010, 02:57:38 am
Sooo I finished my previous hunter animations up...now I'm working on the back! I got the walk animation from looking at some reference pics (Secret of Mana, mostly) but it still doesn't look quite right.  :-[ I was trying to make him look like he's running, as he is in the other two, but He looks like he's marching. I've tried editing the arms a little bit to change it. It looks pretty good, I think at this point. Constructive C&C are welcomed with open arms...Thanks again for bearing with this project  :P

updated:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:42:40 am by freespyryt »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Hunter Walking Part II

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:46:01 am
If running, there should be some lift in the whole body, right? His head bobs a little, but not the rest of him. Looks like he's walking backwards, though I can't tell why.

Palette is a bit muddy.

Offline freespyryt

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 06:26:58 pm
Yeah, I wondered about looking like he's walking backwards. I think I *might* have figured that out. But now the question is his hair...it doesn't move at all, and it needs to. So I guess that's my next project  :P
Updated running:
EDIT: I don't know why it's showing white on my picture on here...it isn't in Graphicsgale. Shoot.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 06:54:57 pm
Beautiful improvement! So much better. Yes, the hair is too static. What is up with the white bits on the shoes!? The white speck in his hair (only in one or two frames), the yellow belt and the white shoe details are very distracting. Belt should gradiently darken on left and right - looks flat.

*EDIT  oh, the white is an abnormality with Graphicsgale. Hmm, I'm a Photoshop'er; can't really help.

Offline freespyryt

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 06:41:12 am
That was my bad on the white pixels...apparently graphics gale thought I was using a transparency color, so they weren't showing up. Weird. So I fixed that problem, and the belt I'd meant to do but it kind of slipped my mind when I realized he looked like he was dancing instead of running  :-[ However! I fixed the belt to be the same color as my other animations, and took your advice on the gradiant-ness. Also, I tried to edit the hair to make it look like it's moving. I'm not quite sure I'm completely satisfied, but it's certainly a step in the right direction I think!  ;D
UPDATE: