AuthorTopic: Nymph  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Ipsen

• View Profile

Nymph

on: May 04, 2010, 06:56:02 pm
Well I practise in anatomy, know that there is some mistakes, but can not understand where, and I need help, sanks.

Old

Now

Offline Ipsen

• View Profile

Re: Nymph

Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:28:12 am
Has a little corrected the nymph, but changes purely cosmetic, the help with anatomy and clothes is still necessary.

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 06:22:56 pm
Colors:
The palette has too many colors that are almost the same, and barely used.  Some artifact of your process or tools.

Your colors are also single hues, which makes the piece seem flatter.  Shifting hues as well as lightness is generally better.

Anatomy:
The forearm on the vertical arm (our right) is longer than the other.

The upper half of the torso and arms are a overall a bit longer than they should be based on the length of the legs.  You could raise the pelvis and shorten both arms a bit and it would be ok.

The head might not be in the right place, but it is hard to tell because the shoulder/neck is just kind of an orange smudge.

A 16 pixel head should have a visible eye, which also would help anchor the angle of the face.

The hips could be wider (a pixel or so), the waist a pixel narrower (on our left), and the feet larger.

Shading:
The shading (light/shadows) of the skin is not consistent with ... anything really.  A stronger light source would help. 

The long thin arms are already kind of noodly, the shading doesn't help.  It's hard to define form with a tube shape and only a few pixels to work with.  Either increase the lumpiness (form) a bit, or reduce the color count.  Maybe find a good reference picture to work from.

Clothing:
Here is a good drapery/cloth tutorial.  It's for traditional drawing, but the same principles work for pixels.  http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14739

It looks like the clothing is used to cover up the trickier anatomy areas (shoulders and hips).  This is ok, but I think you would be better served by studying some anatomy books.

Edit:
I don't have the skills to offer a good edit of this piece, sorry.

Tourist

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 04:48:17 pm
I know this topic is 30 days old but I was bored and this one struck me.  I made an edit to find the possible problems. 
The first thing that struck me was the shading in the fabric made her look a kinda fat.  I gave more curve to the waist too.  Also the neck was too short.  I put a face on her and realized the nose was a bit high. I reshaped the feet a little and gave her a little more contrast.  I hope this helps a little.  Still needs a lot of work, but I'm working on anatomy too.  :)