AuthorTopic: [WIP] Zelda Pixel Art, C+C?  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Zora

• View Profile

[WIP] Zelda Pixel Art, C+C?

on: November 12, 2006, 10:14:12 am
Well, I haven't done pixel art in a long time (and last time I did it, I didn't know much of the needed skills to do it, so it wasn't that great..), so I decided to give it a go again. I'll eventually make a body and add the jewel thing on her head. Btw, I haven't actually worked much on the neck, so I admit that part looks kinda bad at the moment. Here it is:

Version 1

Version 2

C+C?  :)

Version 3
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 01:20:20 am by Zora »

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Zelda Pixel Art, C+C?

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 09:22:30 pm
looks like a good start, yo.

the colors are a little bland... one suggestion is add more lights and darks and make them a little warmer.

also you could use some of the colors from her hair for the aa'ing on the face.

raise the mouth a little and smooth out her chin a little.

:y:

edit
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 09:59:52 pm by Zach »
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Zora

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Zelda Pixel Art [Update]

Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 04:32:13 am
An interesting edit...but what you did to the nose reminds me of statues greek or roman soldiers. I don't really like the curly sections of her hair...it to me looks to be shaded like an afro. I tried the orange thing like you said (before you made the edit) and it just doesn't work with the look I'm going for. The raising the mouth didn't work too well, so I just made her mouth 1 pixel taller and 1 pixel wider, and I think that solved the problem. I like how you softened the edge between the head and the neck, but in your edit, its just a little too soft, IMO. Anyway, here's my edit: