AuthorTopic: lil'alien fighter  (Read 3365 times)

yosh64

lil'alien fighter

on: April 05, 2006, 11:20:48 am
hey

and +edit <- lighten'd closer arm

Well this lil dude originally had no real complete design, well he was gonna be normal size, but just went into pixelling him to small. Anyhows I don't think I'm gonna do anymore to him (unless some1 spots something easily fixed???), and thought I'd just post for someone to see. I think I'm gonna pixel a decent size fighter now.

cyas
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 12:36:45 pm by yosh64 »

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Re: lil'alien fighter

Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 02:13:29 pm
Majin Buu much?
(Sorry for the comment there, it was early in the morning)

Anyways...
His right fore-arm seems too flat.
Also his torso seems twisted like rubber and in a perspective from the legs.
His torso also seems tiny compaired to his legs, either that or his legs look huge to his tiny body.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 08:34:53 pm by Souly »

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 07:54:14 pm
Majin Buu much?
Oh how constructive that was.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of the legs for some reason. The one closest to the viewer looks like it's bending like rubber, especially in the transparent version, which is probably caused by the low contrast in the crotch. The sharp, slightly blocky angles of the pose look a bit awkward to me. It's not all that big of a deal, but I usually think of aliens as being more organic and thus having more natural and relaxed poses. Lastly, his right (viewer left) forearm seems too short compared to his upper arm. Unless it's supposed to be at a slight angle which would incorporate foreshortening, if that's the case then it's really hard to see any signs of it. You got the foreshortening of the other hand down pretty well, although it's hard to see for me since there's not much contrast there. A highlight along his knuckles might help that. So in short, I'm not a fan of the stiff angles and (lack of) contrast in some places (which could just be me).

Offline Esker

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 08:33:26 pm
Yeah, those perfect 45% angles kinda throw it off, get rid of those and it should be a lot better.

Other than what's been said I'm really not sure about the chest area or what's going on there, it looks to me like you've tried to add every little detail in there with a darker shade but now it looks really cluttered and messy.

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 08:35:59 pm
Majin Buu much?
Oh how constructive that was.
It was early in the morning, I couldn't think of anything to make it better.
But now that I'm awake I edited my post. :]