AuthorTopic: Bubbles competition: The last breath (Need heavy critics to win !)  (Read 11123 times)

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
Hey everyone. This week i am entering the competition with a style ;) and i need to work on my artwork before deadline and win  :Dat least 3rd place :y:. I need you guys help to help me in every step i take in the development :(. So here is my work in progress 1 from line art.

wip 2

wip 3

wip 4

Hopefully i can win this if i work hard and straight for 6 days remaining.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 05:04:47 am by Arylic »

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile
He needs more chin. It is too thin (from the front of the chin to the back of the jaw). Try googling some pictures of people in profile and seeing how far back their chin goes.

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
I didn't get what you said... ???  can you explain in brief please.

Offline Jim16

• Damian_G_R
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/18544.htm
    • View Profile
I agree with Salty, Your understanding of facial anatomy, has lead to the head being to small. Go find a reference..! And don't expect to win competitions at this moment if time..Those people have been pixel artists for allot longer than you have and so know more, do more and get a better finished result. But you have the right mind set to get far  :D

So find a reference and fix fix fix those line art problems before you get to far.

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
Ok i did some improvements and here is my base colour w.i.p 2.

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile
I would consider working much more in the line art before coloring if you want to try and win. I quickly edited the face so that the ear was in the correct position, and sloppily drew a jaw just to show you what I mean in my first post. Remember that the distance from the inside of the eye to the chin, is the same as the distance from the outside of the eye to the back of the ear.

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
Now the the boy looks all odd and funny....lol....but ill improve a bit on the chin and the ears.

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website
the eye looks like its in front view. you should adjust it to profile view
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery
I think all of your pieces suffer from jagginess. It looks like you're using the line tool to draw everything, I really don't recommend this. Draw everything pixel-by-pixel, unless it really is straight, sharp, and/or mechanical. Not like a human face.

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
Little update.