AuthorTopic: Lineage 2 Homage  (Read 10058 times)

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Re: Lineage 2 Homage

Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 06:43:31 am

umm... I did this edit, to show you proportion and form somewhat... but I failed because I realized again halfway, that trying to study and fix anatomy/figure/form... is impossible in paint - well not all impossible.  Still I think if you want to fix proportions and get better at anatomy, then you should really draw it out.  I don't know, I'm just getting tired of seeing a shitton of people drawing all these crude doodles and try to fix them, but get too frustrated or burned out, when really you should just draw it on paper, yes paper.

dfjalksfdad

sorry
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 03:00:57 pm
Paint shouldn't be a practicing in anatomy person's tool of choice, yes.

Your example is falling backwards, his feet are in front of his center of gravity, Zach.

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 03:24:12 pm
Still I think if you want to fix proportions and get better at anatomy, then you should really draw it out.  I don't know, I'm just getting tired of seeing a shitton of people drawing all these crude doodles and try to fix them, but get too frustrated or burned out, when really you should just draw it on paper, yes paper.

Just because I have a sprite drawing with anatomy that's not perfect doesn't mean I'm not trying to learn on paper too. Don't just expect everyone's anatomy skills to be as good as someone who's studied them for a while right away.

Offline progFX

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 05:10:10 pm
Delg: Heres the shoulder pad thing I was talking about.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 07:47:10 pm

I would make some more crits, but I'm sure you've heard it all already. Odd, strange looking, go study some more anatomy and come back a professional-blah, blah...we've all heard it before.
   Any ways, I understand you are falling back on a style as a means to keep it the way it is. However, maybe this little edit towards a more realistic anatomical point of view(granted, I kept the long neck and slightly long arms, to keep with your style) may sway your decision to tweak yours a bit and give him(or her?) some more realistic features...Just sayin', ya know...
my back hurts...

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 12:36:13 am
Still I think if you want to fix proportions and get better at anatomy, then you should really draw it out.  I don't know, I'm just getting tired of seeing a shitton of people drawing all these crude doodles and try to fix them, but get too frustrated or burned out, when really you should just draw it on paper, yes paper.

Just because I have a sprite drawing with anatomy that's not perfect doesn't mean I'm not trying to learn on paper too. Don't just expect everyone's anatomy skills to be as good as someone who's studied them for a while right away.

sorry bout that, I did sound pretty assy there :(

yeah, I should maybe fix that.
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 01:24:52 am
sorry bout that, I did sound pretty assy there :(

yeah, I should maybe fix that.

It's cool man, I didn't mean to get defensive either because I really respect your opinion and think you know what you're talking about.

Here's an edit on my base. I thought this one through quite a bit more and looked up some body proportions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_proportions

Thanks for all the edits guys. Once I get this base anatomy worked out I'll rework the full sprite and take into account the comments made.

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 02:30:46 am
Don't mean to double post here but I was working on the armor yesterday and palette to make the armor look more like the reference armor. Here's what I came up with,

Ignore the anatomy on this one. I plan to transfer the armor onto the other sprite and tweak whatever needs to be tweaked.

I forgot to mention but I wanted some input on the last post of my anatomy base. Anything off or should I go ahead with that?

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 04:32:13 am
The shine on the metal looks fantastic. I would like to point out that the knee guards(the pointy round things on the leg armor where the knee caps are located) seem off center from the current position of his leg. However, you said that the armor is being transferred to the new base, so I guess it doesn't matter.
   As far as the new base is concerned, I think the feet could be a little bit larger, as well as the head(unless it's some sorta of alien-esque creature...but you asked for real anatomy so I'm going with my initial statement). Arms seem pretty long, and the knee caps are still higher than normal. Thats the most I can gather from it. Hope to see an update soon though!
my back hurts...

Offline im9today

• xtrwsqgcxct
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 04:52:18 am
It looks like to me that the arms and torso are way too long compared to the length of the lower body. I don't think the problem is so much that the upper half is too long as much as that the lower half is much too short, especially if you're going for a sort of lanky look, which I assume you are. The neck looks really overly long also. The metal sheen looks much better than it did before, excellent job on that.