AuthorTopic: Jungle  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Hishnak

• View Profile
    • Aphotic Pixel

Jungle

on: June 24, 2006, 12:43:45 am
this took a long time :P Its a banner for some new robotic toy dino's website. Its pretty simple but I really didn't feel like adding detail to this huge beast.

oh yea, here's the site its on. http://www.pleobot.com/

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Re: Jungle

Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 09:09:28 am
I like it. The middlepart is by far the best in my opinion, the mountains are wellshaded. But on the left the trees are somewhat random? And the transparent cut-off is nonsense. Looks rather strange too, on the website.
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 06:11:23 pm
reminds me of istvans work, the colours mostly...as well as his dino comic.
alexander

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 08:39:05 pm
I like it, too. The colours are great, though I'd drop/change the pureblack selout. The trees look good, too, but on that middle-ish one, the exposed roots are a bit iffy, and they don't seem to penetrate the ground, giving the tree and off-balance, floaty feeling.
I really love the mountains, though, and feel everything is top-notch, aside from those couple of points I mentioned. Great stuff.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 06:06:18 pm
Personally i'd up the saturation on Pleo there to better match The actual toy and to make it stick out more.
Other than that, the only thing that i would have a problem with would be the bright water in the middle of a scene made from dull colors.