AuthorTopic: Eyedropper tool  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Preed

• View Profile

Eyedropper tool

on: October 10, 2007, 09:10:13 am
its the eyedropper tool in ms paint, with a nose and hitler 'stache. 6 colors if you include background.

comments thanks.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Re: Eyedropper tool

Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 01:57:04 pm
man, what a weird idea.

I think you should try harder to preserve the pipette shape, I don't know if anyone would spot what he's supposed to be if you didn't tell them.

Maybe even have him soaking something up.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 06:46:27 pm
because of the rubbert part it reasembles Chaplin more than it does Hitler.

Hitler stole Chaplin's stache anwyay, so it's really the Chaplin stache :p

I say get rid of ur 3rd lightest color, and make the 4th more present in the shading, by putting dark reflections in the glass.

Give him more varied geometry, he looks too much like a single elipse, put some circles...squares or maybe just more elipses in there, make him more intresting....
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 06:48:14 pm by Conceit »

Offline Stefano

• 10 different types of soup
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile

Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 08:32:04 pm
Regarding your pixel skills I'd say it's pretty well made, AA is cool and there's contrast to most of it. Although if you look at the image at 1X, the 2 lightest shades of gray you've used merge together...
I think it really works well using b&w on hitler/chaplin (Mr.Peanut?) pieces, for the whole classic movie/photo feel. Well done.

For the icon design itself, I wouldn't say it looks like a eyedropper at all. For starters, it's too tick... looks more like a condom or a pen (sorry, it does!  ;)). Graphics programs icons (I'm assuming that's what it is) should communicate quickly what tool they represent. Of course I could see the bridge between a man wearing this kind of hat and an eyedropper tool after a while, but some ideas just won't read well (specially too elaborated ones) when you've to draw them on such a tiny space.

I'm not saying this particular idea wouldn't work, but I think it doesn't as is. Make the base eyedropper look more like one (thiner and taller) and then add only the absolutely necessary human features, making sure your pic don't get too cramped.

Offline Preed

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 11:19:32 pm
thank you all for the comments <3

but I think ill not fix up the first sprite, its just too human-looking for what I was leaning towards.

(this adolf was reference for above sprite)

these are some sprites me and two other people made for the spriters resource. same palatte, same basic idea of ms paint tools with 'staches.
I take credit for only the 1st, 4th, and 7th.
comments on this style?

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 10:14:23 am
it looks like a bong... not a pippette... :?
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com