AuthorTopic: Rpg monster#1  (Read 2862 times)

instant

Rpg monster#1

on: July 12, 2006, 04:16:05 am

This is just a monster i made for a game. I am quite stisfied with him but i'd love proper c&c from my fellow pixelers.

Offline Abyss

• View Profile

Re: Rpg monster#1

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 12:53:55 pm
umm what i see that i dont like is that ur using the normal black for parts of him and there are parts of his skin that look good then u toss a dark pixel in it, have the lines fade to, the lighting is good, the layout is good. so i geuss thats it.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 04:36:22 pm
It appears that this was either drawn on and aa'd to a black background or your monster has a stripe down its back.  If the black was intended as selout, there's way too much of it on the back and head and neck.

Also, I think this needs more contrast in some areas.  Specifically, your highlights should probably be a bit brighter and your third darkest skin tone, which seems to be the lightest shadow, could probably be a bit darker.  Some hue variation might also help make this critter "pop".

Lineart wise, the only thing that jumps out at me is that you should probably see a bit of the top of the back foot, since the perspective on this guy implies that the ground is going up as it gets farther away.  I suppose this is a basic enemy, considering it has no arms and would therefore probably not be particularly vicious.

Overall, this monster looks quite good.  Keep it up!
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

instant

Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 09:26:26 pm
It appears that this was either drawn on and aa'd to a black background or your monster has a stripe down its back.  If the black was intended as selout, there's way too much of it on the back and head and neck.

Also, I think this needs more contrast in some areas.  Specifically, your highlights should probably be a bit brighter and your third darkest skin tone, which seems to be the lightest shadow, could probably be a bit darker.  Some hue variation might also help make this critter "pop".

Lineart wise, the only thing that jumps out at me is that you should probably see a bit of the top of the back foot, since the perspective on this guy implies that the ground is going up as it gets farther away.  I suppose this is a basic enemy, considering it has no arms and would therefore probably not be particularly vicious.

Overall, this monster looks quite good.  Keep it up!

Those are really great comments, do you think that i should make the green highlight become more of a yellow color?

Also should i make the darkest colors revert to a more purple hue?

<edit> I also began working on a walk cycle- the only troubling part is the arms. Can anyone give me any tips, edits or whatever pixel advise they can spare? </edit>
- instant AkA Glide
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 09:28:50 pm by instant »