AuthorTopic: NEW HERE! Check out some star wars stuff I did ...  (Read 3936 times)

Offline octorok

• View Profile

NEW HERE! Check out some star wars stuff I did ...

on: August 29, 2008, 02:56:16 pm
Like I said, I'm new here ... I stumbled onto this site looking for pixel art, and saw how awesome the site is.  I'm big into pixel art, but more-so just enjoying it hah.  But I come from the forums over at Pure Zelda Classic.  Zelda Classic is a program that lets you completely edit the original Legend of Zelda game.  It's real cool stuff.  Anyways I've been trying to come up with my own Star Wars quest using the program.  I decided to draw a few characters and ships from scratch in the program and they turned out really well.  I surprised myself like a lot.  I'm a pretty good artist, but this came out pretty naturally.  So I may be good at this pixel art after all.  :blind:

Check out my stuff:

Offline Fatalis67

• Total newb
    • View Profile

Re: NEW HERE! Check out some star wars stuff I did ...

Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 03:18:53 pm
Those are amazing! I want skills like you  :'(

But seriously, they are really great, they are detailed and true to the Star Wars films. But what is that big black creature thing in the first image? The only thing I think needs some significant improvement is the walker, I think it looks strange. The sprites are great, especially the storm troopers and pilots. But maybe boba fett shouldn't have a gun bigger than him  :P
In the words of Shakesphere: "Villian! I hast done thy mother!"

Offline octorok

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 03:34:42 pm
Hey thanks.  The big black creature is Ganon in shadow form.  He's from Zelda.  It's just part of the sprite sheet thing.

And the way I look at it, you have to exaggerate features on the sprites/characters themselves to emphasize the character.  So Boba Fett's gun isnt a big problem to me.  I mean if you wanna get technical, their heads are larger then the rest of their bodies LOL :lol:

Offline joe123

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 04:17:01 pm
Nice sprites, but if i read correctly, you made with "Zelda Classic" or something.

have you ever tried on paint with less restrictions (size etc)

Offline octorok

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 11:53:31 pm
Nice sprites, but if i read correctly, you made with "Zelda Classic" or something.

have you ever tried on paint with less restrictions (size etc)

Yeah, aren't you from the PureZC forums??  There's a guy who uses the same username on there.  Anyway, well that's the trick isn't it?  Making it into a program for actual use, instead of in a paint program.  More restrictions = a bigger challenge.  A bigger challenge = great satisfaction! :hehe:

Offline pipe

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 01:37:20 am
Hey thanks.  The big black creature is Ganon in shadow form.  He's from Zelda.

Yeah it is ganon from tloz:The adventure of Link in that sequel he looked like pig I am glad they changed his look and if you were wondering what that weird face is i will tell you its one of the bosses in TLOZ:Oracle of ages/seasons(I cant remember in which was it)btw I am a Zelda fan too and I played every zelda game except phantom hourglass
but lets get back to the subject I did a little edit no your ship because its "guns" were looking flat:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 01:39:13 am by pipe »

Offline octorok

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 03:19:04 am
It's amazing how a shift of a few pixels can make a dramatic change like that!  Very clever, thanks.  The whole gun part was looking pretty rounded up until that long barrel near the front of the ship.  Makes it look much better. 

I think the one I dislike the most was the Slave 1.  It was the last one I did, and it was the biggest ship.  The wear and tear of the ship makes it look good, but at the same time when I look at it .... there's just something about it I don't like.  I'm a harsh critic on myself.