AuthorTopic: i draw a zippo but don't konw how to draw the fire,who can help me?  (Read 3905 times)

Offline shine

• View Profile

Offline Silver

• View Profile
No way!
i'm not helping you smokin!

try doing a red and yellow and white mess and you will see something like fire in some way!
you have done good work with the zippo and i think it isn't really hard to push the fire too!
good luck :-*

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday
try doing a red and yellow and white mess and you will see something like fire in some way!
NO! Fire is smoothe, not "messy." Spastic, maybe, but not messy. Especially not small flames like from lighters and candles...Those flames are more like drips...only red and flamey, with maybe a little smoke trail coming off of it.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile
true representation i think can come only from one thing : personal observation.  if you want to learn how to draw anything, the best way isnt to ask someone how to draw it, or look to other artists for their own representations, but to study it for yourself.  if you want to learn how to draw fire, go get a zippo and look at it.  hold it out, hold it close, cup your hand around it to see how it effects the movement.  flick your fingers through it and watch it move.  Id say about an hour of real concentrated observation (playing with fire) will give you a much better idea of how to draw it, and you may not even need help after that
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline shine

• View Profile
thank you all~~~i will try
i am a new beginner to pixel art and i'm from china,i am very happy to be here~~

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile
I'd add more frames to the zippo animation as well.  Make it a little smoother, you know?